This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Williams Pinball Classics worth it...

#1Mason_CainPosted 6/13/2012 5:26:46 AM
...If I have Pinball Fx2 + all dlc, plus Pinball Arcade?

Love Pinball, but found PArcade a bit rough compared to FX2. WPC being a GoD and not XBLA means I can't try it first.
---
I am the Tevinter Archon!
#2Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 6/13/2012 5:31:14 AM(edited)
IMO hell yes! I tried pinball fx and to be honest I didn't like how it played, haven't played pinball arcade.

But as a huge pinball fan I can tell you that the williams collection is awesome, lots of tables with individual challenges and high score to beat, great fun and by far the best pinball game I've ever played. Only trouble is it is damn hard to find!
---
King of the evil/normal monkeys who are now mostly normal but flesh eating while frowned upon is not entirely rare
#3Mason_Cain(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 5:35:04 AM
Well you can DL it now for 1840 ms points. So tempting...
---
#4RycerXPosted 6/13/2012 5:38:45 AM
Depends on how long you're willing to wait. Pinball Arcade is promising most (if not all) of the Williams Collection will be covered in upcoming DLC. I hear people rave about this game, so I was looking into it myself. For whatever reason, it isn't showing up on the NA marketplace.
#5MrMikeMaPosted 6/13/2012 5:41:49 AM
I'm not really a pinball guy, but I've heard nothing but praise for this.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/
#6BingSanpaoPosted 6/13/2012 5:54:56 AM
Well it's made by the guys who made pinball arcade so you better off buying the Williams tables in there but the game has pretty spot on physics and Williams tables always are a lot of fun. However if you haven't played these when you were younger you may find some tables in the collection a bit dry compared to the frenzy action of a game like Pinball FX2.
#7Mason_Cain(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 6:28:09 AM
Looks like it'd be better to get the DLC for PA then as it comes out :)
---
#8RycerXPosted 6/13/2012 7:53:17 AM
I'm not too thrilled about their usage of the phrase "over the next few years" though. If they mean that literally, I'd kinda rather just get the Williams Collection now from games on demand. Hoping it'll show up for North America soon. I have this bad feeling that it won't.
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 6/13/2012 9:26:30 AM
It's SOOOOO worth it. I own the game on 360, Wii, and PS2, plus I'll rebuy the tables through Pinball Arcade.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)