This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complaints about Cod's over-saturation are finally justified..

#41CapwnDPosted 6/17/2012 1:50:37 AM
All of this idiocy recently with mw3 and IW has actually made me think about going back to halo when 4 comes out. Or maybe getting into BF3. I haven't played future soldier yet, but I do want to get that at some point as well. CoD is getting very stale now and the fact that they keep pandering to casual players is just completely offsetting to the rest of us who actually supported the dev in the first place.

Also, knightimex, SIG is awesome. I tell anybody who doesn't know that was what it was designed for at first.

You have over 300 hours of hardcore TDM on MW3... I have a hard time taking anything you say about "pandering to casual players" seriously. Perhaps I just play the game much differently then you.... I'm going absolutely bat s*** insane after only 3 hours of HC TCM when forced to do it for clan ops. So much camping.... is that what "hardcore (non-casual)" cod veterans enjoy? Yikes. I don't remember COD 1 through whatever being anywhere near that campy.
---
Thrash Zone
#42SparkItUpPosted 6/17/2012 1:56:38 AM
shawnmck posted...
As long as people are still buying them in mass, you can't then say that the market is "over-saturated"...cause over saturated implies that the supply grossly outnumbers the demand.

While I do agree with you TC...The above quoted text is 100% spot on.
---
"And there's nothing wrong with me
This is how I'm supposed to be..In a land of make believe..That don't believe in me"
#43Raven-ZPosted 6/17/2012 5:02:23 AM
Annual PS3/360/PC CoD
Annual PS Vita CoD
Annual free-to-play CoD (?)
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#44MashYouGoodPosted 6/17/2012 5:27:47 AM
It's FPS saturation that is the problem; not merely Call Of Dullards.

See, the entire FPS genre is predicated upon a copy-paste model of the game Doom. It hasn't evolved, innovated, progressed, become more substantive, developed more depth since its progenitor.

As such, those that play FPS, too, do not evolve / mature / develop their taste in gaming. It's why these games can be churned out with such monotonous regularity, with little more than a new coat of paint and are lapped up, time and again, by the dope market sector. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of dumb games for dumb people and the demand issuing thereof.

FPS' are the cancer on this pastime. A an outmoded, redundant cancer whose panacea is third-person.
#45Raven-ZPosted 6/17/2012 5:30:51 AM
MashYouGood posted...
It's FPS saturation that is the problem; not merely Call Of Dullards.

See, the entire FPS genre is predicated upon a copy-paste model of the game Doom. It hasn't evolved, innovated, progressed, become more substantive, developed more depth since its progenitor.

As such, those that play FPS, too, do not evolve / mature / develop their taste in gaming. It's why these games can be churned out with such monotonous regularity, with little more than a new coat of paint and are lapped up, time and again, by the dope market sector. It's a self-perpetuating cycle of dumb games for dumb people and the demand issuing thereof.

FPS' are the cancer on this pastime. A an outmoded, redundant cancer whose panacea is third-person.

It's a little narrow-sighted to say it hasn't evolved at all since Doom.

Enemy A.I has come a long way, not to mention additions-as-standard like one-button melee, sprint, health regen, iron-sights and first-person cover system (Killzone 2).
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#46MashYouGoodPosted 6/17/2012 5:44:20 AM
Raven-Z posted...
It's a little narrow-sighted to say it hasn't evolved at all since Doom.

Enemy A.I has come a long way, not to mention additions-as-standard like one-button melee, sprint, health regen, iron-sights and first-person cover system (Killzone 2).

If FPS' did evolve, as you imply, this thread would not exists and people would welcome even more 'innovative' FPS games. Of course, this is a fantasy / delusion.

As far as your points go:
- AI is still Goomba-level rote and dumb; it's one of the most complained-about aspects in video gaming and is fact a misnomer--video game "AI" is merely script that repeats; nothing 'intelligent' about it; it does not 'think'
- gameplay mechanics are not innovation, they're merely a natural progression
- health gen, if you can call it an innovation, is another of those loathed, casual-pandering aspects of gaming--a good thing?
- FP cover is laughable and is best done in third-person, as most FPS that have cover copycat

When something saturates an environment - whether it be good or bad - it's to the detriment of its habitat. There needs to be a balance. Foxes are cute. But in abundance, they destroy local fauna, causing extinction. And FPS' are no foxes. Something closer to disease-spreading rats, actually.
#47CapwnDPosted 6/17/2012 7:15:43 AM(edited)
And just when I thought this thread had already displayed it's peak of ignorance.
---
Thrash Zone
#48Arucard05Posted 6/17/2012 7:18:04 AM
Give it up, Cap. Around here, Call of Duty fans are the minority.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
My blog where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#49MashYouGoodPosted 6/18/2012 5:03:57 PM
^ That would be a first.
#50davidthedawg639Posted 6/18/2012 5:06:30 PM
The reason I buy CoD is because it's just mindless fun. Easy to jump in (and out) of games online, and it's quite easy to do well in it. It's well worth the money to me.