This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how can the Surface tablet play Xbox360 games? Similar to Wii U?

#1BloodLoverForeverPosted 6/20/2012 11:31:32 AM
Saw several videos about this and about the Smart Glass app but seriously nothing is clear so far!

1. Can you play, let us say, a complex game like Skyrim on you Surface Tablet using Smart Glass, provided that you are running the original game on Xbox360?

2. Or, only some arcade titles????

I might end up getting the tablet and the smart glass app if it is really that good but I have a feeling that this will be released when Xbox720, or whatever they call it, comes out.

Thoughts???
---
BLF
#2takidigits2005Posted 6/20/2012 11:37:51 AM
Even if it's released as part of the new Xbox, I'm not interested.
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#3HENTAIDOJIPosted 6/20/2012 1:37:30 PM
You could stream it to a tablet/ phone with a little hassle, it probably wouldn't be able to do the TV at the same time though.

For mini-maps and HUDs and inventory management should be relatively easy.

It's unlikely you'll see (m)any games that offer streaming the main screen to tablet simultaneously, unless it's a really simple game.

There's little reason though that the Xbox 720 won't be able to do anything the WiiU doesn't do.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#4levyjl1988Posted 6/20/2012 2:30:08 PM
Great another clone of the iPad, sigh... what happned to the original Microsoft Surface with gesture support, multi-touch, stylus input, pressure sensitivity etc. Add a photoshop program on a tablet with a stylus, long battery, and you got yourself a winner. I hate drawing with a friggin finger, there's a reason why we moved on from cave man finger drawings to increase precision with pens, pencils, etc.
---
"- - - - the king's guard. - - - - the city. - - - - the king."
#5FoppePosted 6/20/2012 2:39:23 PM
My thoughts is to wait for Microsoft to say exactly what it can do before you start planning to buy one
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6the_real_onePosted 6/20/2012 3:16:06 PM
Interesting discussion, I will tell you something interesting:
I hate the iPad as I feel it is useless but I love my iPhone and I believe it is the best smart phone ever. I don't like Windows PC but I like Apple Mac, now this new product got me interested in MS windows again.
I love my Xbox 360 and I like gaming the way it is right now but I don't mind any additional crazy idea as far as it is not Kinect related.
---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM