This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how can the Surface tablet play Xbox360 games? Similar to Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So how can the Surface tablet play Xbox360 games? Similar to Wii U?
3 years ago#1
Saw several videos about this and about the Smart Glass app but seriously nothing is clear so far!

1. Can you play, let us say, a complex game like Skyrim on you Surface Tablet using Smart Glass, provided that you are running the original game on Xbox360?

2. Or, only some arcade titles????

I might end up getting the tablet and the smart glass app if it is really that good but I have a feeling that this will be released when Xbox720, or whatever they call it, comes out.

3 years ago#2
Even if it's released as part of the new Xbox, I'm not interested.
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
3 years ago#3
You could stream it to a tablet/ phone with a little hassle, it probably wouldn't be able to do the TV at the same time though.

For mini-maps and HUDs and inventory management should be relatively easy.

It's unlikely you'll see (m)any games that offer streaming the main screen to tablet simultaneously, unless it's a really simple game.

There's little reason though that the Xbox 720 won't be able to do anything the WiiU doesn't do.
3 years ago#4
Great another clone of the iPad, sigh... what happned to the original Microsoft Surface with gesture support, multi-touch, stylus input, pressure sensitivity etc. Add a photoshop program on a tablet with a stylus, long battery, and you got yourself a winner. I hate drawing with a friggin finger, there's a reason why we moved on from cave man finger drawings to increase precision with pens, pencils, etc.
"- - - - the king's guard. - - - - the city. - - - - the king."
3 years ago#5
My thoughts is to wait for Microsoft to say exactly what it can do before you start planning to buy one
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
3 years ago#6
Interesting discussion, I will tell you something interesting:
I hate the iPad as I feel it is useless but I love my iPhone and I believe it is the best smart phone ever. I don't like Windows PC but I like Apple Mac, now this new product got me interested in MS windows again.
I love my Xbox 360 and I like gaming the way it is right now but I don't mind any additional crazy idea as far as it is not Kinect related.
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. So how can the Surface tablet play Xbox360 games? Similar to Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived