The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 months XBL for $2...Is it really that easy?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 6/21/2012 11:40:56 AM
I know I'm kinda late to this, but is it really that simple?

I personally never did this deal, but I persuaded my friend to do it (aren't I a good friend) instead of paying $9.99 for a month. (He's on a budget right now) So a few days before the 2 months is up, can he just call xboxlivesupport or go on xbox.com to cancel? No questions asked? Will the 2 for $2 deal pop up again?
---
http://users.telenet.be/colalightlemon/Park%20Eun%20Kyung%20GIF_000.gif
GT: Jessica Jung xo
#2Ginsu VictimPosted 6/21/2012 11:53:05 AM
Just turn off auto-renew from xbox.com and you're good to go. Yes, you can do the deal again in the future.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#3HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 12:01:54 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
Just turn off auto-renew from xbox.com and you're good to go. Yes, you can do the deal again in the future.

wow. then what the hell is keeping every xbl member from doing this? there's gotta be a catch like eventually M$ won't allow you to do this after 6 months or something??
---
http://users.telenet.be/colalightlemon/Park%20Eun%20Kyung%20GIF_000.gif
GT: Jessica Jung xo
#4SavageDonzillaPosted 6/21/2012 12:04:45 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...

wow. then what the hell is keeping every xbl member from doing this? there's gotta be a catch like eventually M$ won't allow you to do this after 6 months or something??

No catch. people are just too lazy to turn off the auto-renew. That or they don't want their Gold to expire. God forbid they can't go on Live for a day or two.
---
Gamertag/PSN-SavageDonzilla
GFaqs-where mods are trolls, and trolls are mods
#5CyricsServantPosted 6/21/2012 12:06:22 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...

I've been doing the 2 for $2 deals ever since I got my 360.

As for why other people don't do them... I don't know. Maybe they hate money?

I've seen threads like this before and usually a few of the resident viral marketers will tell you they pay $60 a year because they have jobs and Microsoft has earned it, or some **** like that. I think the real reason though is just ignorance.
---
You sound like republican cowboy, "i hate you opinion on zelda, i shoot you." - TyrantSandwich
#6PS2 4 LifePosted 6/21/2012 12:06:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7_Just_Blaze_Posted 6/21/2012 12:07:15 PM
what deal are talking about?

I want in!
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/blaze+92x.jpg
#8Arucard05Posted 6/21/2012 12:23:38 PM
I never even have a day without LIVE using this method. Usually the deal appears again on the day my sub is set to end. There really isn't a good reason NOT to do this.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
My blog where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#9TrickyPonyPosted 6/21/2012 12:27:39 PM
You guys are all wrong. I don't do the deal because I don't want to micromanage my XBL that often I prefer to pay once a year and not worry about it
#10Neo1661Posted 6/21/2012 12:53:14 PM
You guys are all wrong. I don't do the deal because I don't want to micromanage my XBL that often I prefer to pay once a year and not worry about it

It takes seconds to pay and seconds to turn off auto renewal. It's not exactly rocket science.
---
Six shots fired in London, all missed.
Police are looking to question Fernando Torres.