This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NO!, I do not want to buy your store copy Gamestop!! ARGH.

#41Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2012 8:56:09 PM
SparkItUp posted...
While I agree with the TC, I can't believe people still cry about this instead of just not buying from them...problem solved.

As I said, I am starting to question why I shop there.
I think it is because of Friends only.. and that's it.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#42SparkItUpPosted 6/23/2012 8:57:38 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
khfan60 posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
khfan60 posted...
zerodefect posted...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47805995/ns/local_news-delaware_valley_pa_nj/t/evesham-man-suing-used-game-retailer-gamestop-deceptive-business-practices/#.T-aC5abDHt0

A bit different of a situation, but call this lawyer, he's ready to get a classaction going.

Doesn't it say on the box that you'll need an online pass?

They changed the price so it's $10 or more less, so if you buy the online pass it is the same price as retail.. or like $3 cheaper then retail after the pass.

California now requires stickers on the boxes saying "Online Pass Required"

...I think you didn't get what I was saying

Don't games that require online passes say so on the box of the game already? I remember Medal of Honor(lol) does.

So if NFS did, then the guy is just a moron.

They do have that on the box in small print. Ontop of that California law now requires used games that require a pass to have a sticker on it in large print saying it.

As you said the guy is a moron, however how many morons have gotten laws passed and lawsuits won? (Hot Coffee in Lap, Don't stop fan Belt with your hands.. etc)

I love when people use the "hot coffee in lap" story and don't realize that the coffee the woman was served through the drive through did EXTENSIVE tissue damage because it was beyond boiling temperature...Amazing job McDonalds did getting her to sign the non-disclosure agreement that allowed them to spin the story and her to not be able to ever speak about what truly happened. The woman was disfigured...Sorry no coffee should ever be served at a temperature that does that to a person.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
You chewed me up & spit me out like I was poison in your mouth..
#43DeathEater30Posted 6/23/2012 9:00:03 PM
I like GameStop for 2 reasons cheap used games and some of the employees are cool. Besides that it sucks. But it will be done of they are forced to stop selling used games as 70 percent of th store is used games. So don't worry they will be out of business within 20 years
#44Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2012 9:00:45 PM
SparkItUp posted...

I love when people use the "hot coffee in lap" story and don't realize that the coffee the woman was served through the drive through did EXTENSIVE tissue damage because it was beyond boiling temperature...Amazing job McDonalds did getting her to sign the non-disclosure agreement that allowed them to spin the story and her to not be able to ever speak about what truly happened. The woman was disfigured...Sorry no coffee should ever be served at a temperature that does that to a person.

I'll admit I never did research on the subject, however that's why all coffee now has "Caution Hot" on it. Its why warning labels are invented, some idiot tried it.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#45WinternovaPosted 6/23/2012 9:01:48 PM
SparkItUp posted...

3rd degree burns to the crotch that require skin grafts are nothing to laugh at. A lawsuit to recover damages after McDonalds refused to pay her medical bills (which was her original request) is not "moronic".
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Super Bowl Champions), Red Wings(11-time Stanley Cup Champions)
#46SparkItUpPosted 6/23/2012 9:06:07 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
SparkItUp posted...

I'll admit I never did research on the subject, however that's why all coffee now has "Caution Hot" on it. Its why warning labels are invented, some idiot tried it.

the "caution hot" would never stop a lawsuit like that lady filed. That was merely done as damage control to show consumers that "they cared". I know that isn't your point, but I'm just saying, if a drink scarred someone severely like she was, there would still be a successful lawsuit (and rightfully so). It was found that the coffee maker that they used, malfunctioned and just kept making the coffee more & more hot. She had to have numerous skin graphs...but in the non disclosure agreement she signed with McDonalds, they and their PR firm where allowed to continue talking about the case, while she was not.

I'm just saying, as frivolous as some lawsuits may seem, until you see the actual harm that is done, it's really wrong to roll them all up as frivolous. I agree there are a lot of them out there that are, but there are more than likely 2 - 3 times as many that are not.
---
#47SparkItUpPosted 6/23/2012 9:06:53 PM
Winternova posted...
SparkItUp posted...

3rd degree burns to the crotch that require skin grafts are nothing to laugh at. A lawsuit to recover damages after McDonalds refused to pay her medical bills (which was her original request) is not "moronic".

I agree :)
---
#48Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2012 9:07:15 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
SparkItUp posted...

the "caution hot" would never stop a lawsuit like that lady filed. That was merely done as damage control to show consumers that "they cared". I know that isn't your point, but I'm just saying, if a drink scarred someone severely like she was, there would still be a successful lawsuit (and rightfully so). It was found that the coffee maker that they used, malfunctioned and just kept making the coffee more & more hot. She had to have numerous skin graphs...but in the non disclosure agreement she signed with McDonalds, they and their PR firm where allowed to continue talking about the case, while she was not.

I'm just saying, as frivolous as some lawsuits may seem, until you see the actual harm that is done, it's really wrong to roll them all up as frivolous. I agree there are a lot of them out there that are, but there are more than likely 2 - 3 times as many that are not.

Very true, I didn't know the extent of the burns and couldn't think of another lawsuit off hand.
---
#49greedygoblinPosted 6/23/2012 9:26:45 PM
Because your friend's poorly run store is definitely indicative of the ENTIRE corporation. Just because your friend is abusing the store policies and cutting corners it doesn't mean that every store is like that.
---
The legacy of Shenmue will never die
GT: DatPlayaHataCJ
#50LilispherePosted 6/23/2012 9:43:40 PM(edited)
I have preordered from Gamestop quite a few times, and they never open my copy. All the others they do though.

But otherwise I don't shop at Gamestop.

Oh, and just thought I would say I use McDonald's coffee as a substitute for thermite.
---