This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Left 4 Dead 2 DLC Cold Stream releasing on July 24th

#21metroidman92Posted 6/30/2012 6:13:50 PM
Doukou posted...
metroidman92 posted...
link0316 posted...
Better late than never?

Worth the weight.

Did you eat a lot or something while waiting?

I'm sure Gabe did.
---
Cerberus isn't just an organization, or the people behind it. Cerberus is an idea, and that idea is not so easily destroyed.
#222DshmuploverPosted 7/1/2012 2:11:52 AM
_S0FTButtCheeks posted...
I feel bad for 360 owners playing Left 4 Dead

what a joke

Why? It obviously runs smoother and looks a bit prettier on PC but the game is a LOT fun on 360 with a group of friends, in fact it remains my favourite online game for co-op. L4D 1/2 looks bad no matter where you play by today's standards so what's the joke?
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#232DshmuploverPosted 7/1/2012 2:15:13 AM
People say this sort of thing about L4D on 360

..yet if it was announced for PS3 I bet everyone would suddenly be excited for it.
---
#24KnifegashPosted 7/1/2012 2:21:12 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...

what a joke

Why? It obviously runs smoother and looks a bit prettier on PC but the game is a LOT fun on 360 with a group of friends, in fact it remains my favourite online game for co-op. L4D 1/2 looks bad no matter where you play by today's standards so what's the joke?

Maybe you should read the rest of the thread.

The Xbox version of both games had ridiculously delayed updates, paid DLC, and no community support until the very end of its life, which was really just voting for gametypes.

The PC version enjoys mods, but also had every bit of DLC free, and was updated more frequently.

This goes far above just ''pc's only advantage is graphics''.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#25otisanimePosted 7/1/2012 2:53:59 AM
Knifegash posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

what a joke

The Xbox version of both games had ridiculously delayed updates, paid DLC, and no community support until the very end of its life, which was really just voting for gametypes.

The PC version enjoys mods, but also had every bit of DLC free, and was updated more frequently.

Not to mention how cheap they've had the game on sale fairly often.

Hell, I think the PC version even has split screen, too.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#26TheWarHorsePosted 7/1/2012 3:14:10 AM
I'll probably buy it just because I still have several friends that play L4D2 on 360. I mostly play the first game on PC anymore but sometimes I'll play the sequel. This will probably kill just about any of the community that still plays the first game, which in my opinion, is the better/more fun game to play. The levels/characters are a hell of a lot better in the first game so it'll cool to play them in L4D2 on 360. I'm not a fan of the 3 newer special infected though in the sequel and never have been. I almost hope to get killed fast whenever I spawn and as them just so I can get to be a hunter/smoker or even boomer. Just never had fun playing any of the newer ones so that'll kind of suck to have to play through in the old campaigns.
---
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Unlimited Premium Dial-Up - Windows ME
#27StucklnMyPantsPosted 7/1/2012 3:27:59 AM

What makes it worse is, every Valve game on the console is like this. Every. Single. Game. It sucks for console gamers, because Valve makes good games. They just have zero intentions of keeping them updated, and after the initial sale, consoles are an after thought.
#28XtremeWRATH360Posted 7/1/2012 5:41:29 AM
Im down for playing the L4D2 campaign, been waiting for Cold Stream forever. Hit me up with a FR DarkSlayer. I may be a bit rusty FYI
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#292DshmuploverPosted 7/1/2012 8:28:17 AM
Knifegash posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

what a joke

Yeah that's crappy, but that aside, does it affect the game itself? It's still a reat game regardless of getting a raw deal where DLC price is concerned. As for mods..meh! can't stand them, thanks but no thanks.
---
#30VaultBoy2010Posted 7/1/2012 8:33:40 AM
Doukou posted...
metroidman92 posted...
link0316 posted...
Better late than never?

Worth the weight.

Did you eat a lot or something while waiting?

please dont tell me you are serious
---
Love Is Over
3DS FC- Jacob- 4596-9541-5152