This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Fable game is the best?

#31ps2snesgodPosted 7/2/2012 10:36:35 PM
fable 1 tlc out of the 80 original xbox games i still own this,kotor and jaade empire are my main games
fable 2 was like a wannabe fable 1 with literally no final boss,small combos,lack of real choice and no looting. also the story plays out almost the exact same except now you have an annoying dog
fable 3 was what i thought would be the death of the series due to how terribad it is but then fable the journy was announced.....
#32boolzeroPosted 7/2/2012 10:37:07 PM
Personally, I don't understand the love for the first Fable. It had charm but felt so restricted and limited, and the story was elementary at best. Fable 2 got the formula right IMO, yet somehow for me with three they lost it with Fable 3, the only Fable I could not bring myself to finish due to being unremarkably dull despite all the bells and whistles...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#33Eamon696Posted 7/2/2012 11:24:03 PM
**Note some spoilers below**

Fable 3 is probably one of the worst games I have ever played. It is literally made for morons, as there is no depth to anything. Theres like 5 weapons and types of armor/clothes but it doesnt matter because you couldnt die in the damn game anyway. The game has barely any worthwhile side quests and the main story can easily be beat in a matter of 10-12 hours depending on how much you like the world( which was very bland and lacked any of the charm from Fable 1 and 2). The way you interact with NPCs and shop keepers is even worse now.

The 2nd part of the game lasts like 3 hours and what is there is just so shallow and useless.

I did like some of the new features of the 3rd game, being able to see all the real estate I owned was usefull and being the king was kind of cool but like I said above the actual time you spend in the role is very short and shallow.

Fable 2 also had its fair share of problems foremost being the gameplay(Notably how you cant die in it just like in F3) and the lack of a boss battle results in a very abrubt ending. But the game lasts you probably twice as long as Fable 3, and there is actually variance in the weapons, armors, and powers. The main story was decent and there was a good amount of side/optional content. The game is simple but it doesnt feel like its made for idiots like the 3rd one was.
#34OmegaBladesPosted 7/2/2012 11:25:52 PM
Lost Chapters.
---
PSN & XBL Tag: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#35cup_a_soupPosted 7/2/2012 11:46:40 PM
After playing Fable 1 recently, I have to say Fable 2 is the best.

Having to go through loads of menus to perform an expression in Fable 1 isn't fun. Plus the whole buying property thing is extremely basic compared to Fable 2, relationships may as well not exist...

Fable 2 is the best in the franchise by far.
---
Need to boost online achievements in GTA4! (X360)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/segagamer/Untitled-19.png
#36cup_a_soupPosted 7/2/2012 11:51:14 PM
Eamon696 posted...
**Note some spoilers below**

Fable 3 is probably one of the worst games I have ever played. It is literally made for morons, as there is no depth to anything. Theres like 5 weapons and types of armor/clothes but it doesnt matter because you couldnt die in the damn game anyway. The game has barely any worthwhile side quests and the main story can easily be beat in a matter of 10-12 hours depending on how much you like the world( which was very bland and lacked any of the charm from Fable 1 and 2). The way you interact with NPCs and shop keepers is even worse now.

Whilst I agree with the NPC interaction being a lot more limited, the game has achievement for owning all 50 weapons, and you can evolve all of them 3 times. Plus in the game I own about 15 sets of clothing, so you're quite mistaken there.

I agree that it wasn't as good as Fable 2, but it got way more hate than it deserved.
---
Need to boost online achievements in GTA4! (X360)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/segagamer/Untitled-19.png
#37peter_888Posted 7/3/2012 12:04:19 AM
fable 1 by far
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#38Corporate PsychoPosted 7/3/2012 12:34:36 AM
Dev445 posted...
Which one is the best between 2 and 3? I don't have an original Xbox anymore unless its on the marketplace.

The first one is on the Marketplace by the way.
---
XBL GT: LordEmrich