This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This years games so far have been Medicore

#21Hyrulian15Posted 7/5/2012 10:14:49 AM
CyricsServant posted...
Indeed, 2011 was a great year.

We got Arkham City, Dark Souls, AND a proper Deus Ex sequel. Not to mention a proper Zelda game, which is why half of us bought our damn Wiis in the first place.

There weren't too many great non-sequels, but we did get a few fun surprises like Bastion.

Overall, it was a very good year.

I bought a Wii for Twilight Princess. What's wrong with that game? It's improper?
---
idon'tgiveacrap@youstupiddip****butt****.net
#22CyricsServantPosted 7/5/2012 10:24:16 AM(edited)
I was referring to Link's Crossbow Training.

I'm pretty sure you can play all the older home console Zelda games on the Wii, either via a Wii version, backwards compatibility, or the virtual console, and they're all definitely proper Zelda games.

They're not what I bought my console for though.
---
You sound like republican cowboy, "i hate you opinion on zelda, i shoot you." - TyrantSandwich
#23chuchutanPosted 7/5/2012 10:56:57 AM
Don't worry Black Ops 2 will come out in November.
---
---
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****.
#24electrolyzerPosted 7/5/2012 11:06:25 AM
"This year's games so far have been Mediocre.....for ME."

Fixed.

This. If I had a dollar every time I saw this topic i'd be rich as hell. Nobody cares you can't find any games you enjoy.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#25SheepinatorPosted 7/5/2012 11:16:11 AM
TC is partly right. Hyped games like RE Orc and Ninja Gaiden 3 have disappointed. Ghost Recon opinions seem mixed. Max 3 was fun SP but without compelling MP it has faded fast.

OTOH, for all the hate ME3 got for its ending, it's easy for people to gloss over how great the rest of the game is and how the excellent MP exceeded most expectations. I see a lot of love for Dragons Dogma. Don't forget Trials Evolution too.

No big deal, great time to catch up on the backlog.
#26peter_888Posted 7/5/2012 11:19:40 AM
I don't know, I've been pretty busy this year.
Mass Effect 3, Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc.
and there's The Last Story that's coming out this month and Assassin Creed 3 later.

overall, I say I like this year. Though I'm a multiconsole owner so yeah.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#27BBBanks03Posted 7/7/2012 10:06:53 AM
Have to completely agree with the TC, this year has been the most bland for games I've seen in a LONG time. Even the 2 biggest games of the year so far, ME3 and Diablo 3, were looked at as disappointing in certain ways by large chunks of their communities. Hell, the Diablo 3 board is almost entirely consumed now with people crying about how much of a massive disappointment the game was.

All this wouldn't bother me so much if the horizon looked promising, but that sadly looks pretty underwhelming as well. I have a feeling RE6 is gonna disappoint, and Halo 4 just does not look exciting to me at all, same with the next Gears game; they just feel like MS is squeezing the last drops of money out of old franchises to me. Creed 3 does look pretty cool though, but that could go either way. As for the rest of this year... uhh...... anything else worth noting?? Keep in mind I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade; if you felt this year was great, more power to you. For me, it just felt kind of bare. As one user mentioned, saying "this year was great, Dragon's Dogma came out!" kind of goes more to disproving your point than anything given that it implies someone thinks the year was great because one game they really enjoy came out.

I think there's something to be said for the notion that a lot of the good ideas are currently underway for the next generation, and unfortunately right now we're kinda getting stuck with the scraps.
---
Okay, we get it. Ya hate Call of Duty; it's extremely popular. It's also not going anywhere. MOVE THE EFF ON.
#28AmazingDanyPosted 7/7/2012 10:48:17 AM
Every time, EVERY SINGLE time the word "mediocre" is used in a thread here on good ol' GF, the tc is always a clueless idiot.

It's a constant on this website, like gravity and sunrise/sunset.
#29tadmfpolePosted 7/7/2012 11:11:02 AM
This has been a dry year for games. There have been a couple decent arcade games released, but the last retail game I purchased that came out this year was SSX in February, and I shelved it within a week or so due to the pitfall level design that runs rampant on a large fraction of the game.

I have $300 to spare on whatever I want at the moment and I have been browsing all the releases from this year, there is nothing I am interested in that I don't already have. Been going through some mediocre back log games out of pure boredom.

I do still need to complete Rayman Origins (fantastic game) but I have been only playing that when a friend of mine is over since we started a game together on it. Any other good platformers - retail or arcade -I should check out? Haven't played the Splosion Man or Meatboy games, need to look into them. Tried the demo for Spelunky, love the art style but don't care for the gameplay much.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy