This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I get a refund for xbox live?

#1DragonPuppy7Posted 7/11/2012 9:26:35 PM
I have an xbox 360, but I have barely even turned it on in over a year. I play mostly PC games now, and the few times I've played xbox games in the past year I didn't even log into xbox live. I just checked my bank account though and noticed that just a few days ago I was charged $60 for xbox live, would I be able to get a refund? I'm in college, currently unemployed, and I don't have much money left in my bank account so I've been trying to save it; I really don't want to have $60 wasted on something I probably won't even use.
---
Everyone screen looks some times
#2DoukouPosted 7/11/2012 9:27:38 PM
Nope, sorry ;(
---
Don't read this sig.
#3MonkeyFridayPosted 7/11/2012 9:34:03 PM
Nope, turn off auto renew...
---
Member of TBWNN.
#4FoppePosted 7/11/2012 9:36:06 PM
Nope.
Let it be a lesson to always check if the service you pay for got auto renew or not.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5SolisPosted 7/11/2012 9:40:59 PM
There is actually a short window following subscription purchases when they're able to cancel and give refunds through the system, but you'll have to call Microsoft support and see if they'll allow it in your case. Worst they can do is tell you no.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#6Super CreaturesPosted 7/11/2012 10:30:17 PM
You can however call and suspend your Gold subscription, and they will send you codes for any remaining months (does not include partial months).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7xPercivala2536xPosted 7/11/2012 10:37:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8liquidblue4Posted 7/11/2012 10:40:28 PM
xPercivala2536x posted...
You can get free anything from Microsoft. Trust me. You can go onto craigslist, get a free RRoD Xbox 360, call them up and tell them that your original Xbox just got the RRoD. They will say it is out of warranty. Start griping and complaining, ask for a manager. Get his name. Start complaining and saying the same thing over and over until he hangs up on you. Once you accomplish that call back, get a new manager, give him the other managers name, and say he hung up while you were explaining the problems you had. Tell him you want compensation for their inadequacy with customer service, and demand to speak to a higher up if he denies you. Chances are he will send you a box with foam to return your Xbox 360, and send a note with the reference number and the mans name stating he said to replace xbox with brand new one.

Within 2 months you will receive brand new Xbox 360 and most likely free live.

If this is possible, and it is, trust me, then complaining enough to get a refund is possible too.

This is why we can't have nice things.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#9xPercivala2536xPosted 7/11/2012 10:41:34 PM
No you can't have nice things because your probably too poor to afford nice things. Just sayin.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443
#10koichiPosted 7/11/2012 10:44:29 PM
xPercivala2536x posted...
No you can't have nice things because your probably too poor to afford nice things. Just sayin.

Says the guy who just posted a way to get a free xbox.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)