This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX needs to change achievements to make them as good as PS3 trophies

#1XFactor1Posted 7/12/2012 8:40:20 AM(edited)
1. PS3 trophies notifications display the Trophy's/Achievement's Icon. 360 makes the same noise as the annoying notification pop-up and does not show you the picture of the achievement you unlocked when you get it.

On 360, you have to manually go to the menu and see which achievement you unlocked in the game list to see it's icon.

Example below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaQq0qg1Dw

2. PS3 Trohpies use a tier system with Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies.
PS3 allows you to see instantly how many games you '1000/1000' scored through Platinum Trophies. This is way more interesting than an arbitrary total number.
Your trophy level increases with the number of trophies you have.
---
--
#2zaiwenPosted 7/12/2012 8:41:14 AM
roflmao... ok whatever u say
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#3Ginsu VictimPosted 7/12/2012 8:42:20 AM
It's fine how it is and too many people get hung up on them already.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#4ObtikPosted 7/12/2012 8:43:34 AM
I prefer achievements, trophies sound like even more grinding than cheevos with the different tiers, and who likes grinding?
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#5GollyFluffPosted 7/12/2012 8:45:52 AM
I kind of agree. The achievement pop is still very satisfying albeit loud. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the guide were faster. That thing takes so long to load sometimes
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#6SkydudePosted 7/12/2012 8:46:27 AM
Obtik posted...
I prefer achievements, trophies sound like even more grinding than cheevos with the different tiers, and who likes grinding?

It's not really, it's more like a different way to have the different gamerscore counts (like how some achievements are worth 5 points and others 100). In fact, most trophy lists are identical to achievement lists in multiplatform games.

I do wish there could be some differences in notification sounds/display, but it's not really a big deal. I don't like how they erased the "trophy case" section, essentially, of completed games, on the current dashboard (where you could see the icons for all the completed games on a single screen, rather than just scrolling through the games like any other set of achievements).
---
Jesus loves everyone!
Except people still whining about the refs in Super Bowl XL or XLIII. He's sick of your complaining.
#7MrMikeMaPosted 7/12/2012 8:47:03 AM
Yeah!

I really want to synch up my Achievement list every time I want to see it!

/fail
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#8SavageDonzillaPosted 7/12/2012 8:47:49 AM
Obtik posted...

Think of it this way...
Bronze trophy = 10GS
Silver Trophy = 25GS
Gold Trophy = 50GS
Platinum Trophy = 100GS

They base the trophy value on the difficulty of obtaining it just like the amount of GS it's worth. I honestly see nothing wrong with how either system works though.
---
Gamertag/PSN-SavageDonzilla
GFaqs-where mods are trolls, and trolls are mods
#9GeistPosted 7/12/2012 8:48:56 AM
Why do you need a picture TC, can you not read?
---
Go play Joy Ride Turbo now!
#10CapnStankyPosted 7/12/2012 8:49:09 AM
On PS3:

Synching every time you get new trophies...waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

waiting

I'd like to see trophies that were gotten while playing games on the Vita...waiting
waiting

waiting
waiting

ooops we can't display those, because Sony didn't think it would be important.

Meanwhile on 360 I immediately see my gamerscore and all my achievements and the achievements of anyone on my friends list, regardless of the device they earned those achievements on. So yeahhhhhh, I'm going to stick with the infinitely superior 360 model.
---
Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2 360, Darksiders 2, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Fez, Trials Evolution, 3DS XL, Diablo 3, Spelunky