This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

320GB drive is the biggest you can get? why?

#11FoppePosted 7/30/2012 7:35:19 AM
urnitemare posted...
but you can use two 16 gb flash drives, so that is 32 gb

Three if you count the USB in the back (or have they removed that in the newer models?)

It will only accept two USB storage devices, no matter how many you insert in the system.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#12ThePCElitistPosted 7/30/2012 7:44:42 AM
It's because Microsoft has created their console that's entirely proprietary. By doing this they can monopolize the prices for their products. Honestly, that's really the only reason. They simply don't want their customers to upgrade their Harddrives without going through MS and their steep prices.
#13TheOffspringFan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 8:07:30 AM
fine, release a 1 TB drive that costs a fortune

i will buy it

i would prefer to not get swindled but i will take way more space over not having the option at all

i just decided to go digital knowing the new systems will be out within a year or two and i dont want all these older games kicking around in cases that will take up space

it will be nice to keep my 360 around to play, but not having the extras, just the console and 2 controllers i have
---
PSN ID: Valkyr83
Currently Playing: Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Uncharted
#14Super CreaturesPosted 7/31/2012 3:32:24 PM
DrunkenJin posted...
I'd wait for the next halo game to come. The reason I say that is, they might introduce a larger HDD for the halo console and then offer it for sale.

They have already announced details for the Halo 4 console.

Just like every other (recent) special edition slim, it will have a 320GB HDD.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#15The_DjokerPosted 7/31/2012 3:38:55 PM
you don't need more than that. Going "all digital" is pretty stupid. I never have more than 5 games installed at anyone time.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/qj4sjqfsx/ps4golden.png
#16TrickyPonyPosted 7/31/2012 3:38:56 PM
Foppe posted...
Get a 320 GB harddrive and keep your 250 GB.
Insert your 250 GB when you want to play your old games and insert your 320 GB when you are going to download new games.
If you are too lazy to change harddrives, then get a whole new unit as well, then you just need to switch controller and TV channel instead of moving your body to change the heavy harddrive.

Best idea I've heard yet. If money truly isn't an issue you can bypass changing the tv station with a little extra configuring. Construct a second living room like a mirror image behind you, set up a second tv/xbox360 behind you set to the second channel, then you just swivel your lazyboy recliner 180 degrees and grab your second controller and start gaming away.