This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are u a supporter of DLC? or not?

#11656stoogePosted 8/12/2012 5:08:21 AM
Perfect Light posted...
I don't like DLC that feels like it should have been part of the main game. Mass Effect 2, one of my favorite games of all time, was guilty of this. Rockstar's Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony, however, are DLC done right.

This. I hate 90% of DLC, but because of the way it's handled. Not because I hate the idea of DLC in general.

It used to be that exceptional PC games would get expansion packs months or years after release, and most of the time consoles would miss out on that.
DLC was to be the perfect solution, but then ass hat companies like EA saw it as an excuse to screw the consumer for a buck.

So yeah, DLC sucks this gen. But every now and then a company will do it right (GTA, RDR, Fallout).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdE_VnA4_3I&feature=related
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif
#12GorillaOnRoofPosted 8/12/2012 6:00:17 AM
I'm only a supporter of DLC when it is gouging.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#13larieNLPosted 8/12/2012 6:11:36 AM
I support some DLCīs yes,

The DLCs that get produced after the game has launched is an extra service im willing to pay for, however some games (L.A. Noire for instance) has on-disc DLC which basically means we have to pay to unlock the complete game which we already paid for...

The one who though of the latter one deserves a headshot if u ask me, other than that I'm all up for DLC if it makes the experience better.
#14YamsPosted 8/12/2012 6:17:57 AM
If it's an honest-to-god addition, and not something they cut out for an extra five bucks, then yes, I don't mind. *pause* Of course, I usually wait until the game's cheaper than the DLC anyway, so I'm not too sure.
#15FiyunPosted 8/12/2012 6:24:07 AM
Depends on the game, what it adds and how much it costs.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
Now playing: Bionic Commando
#16renskyfirePosted 8/12/2012 6:34:43 AM
Content that should have been in from the getgo, like a certain squad member in ME3 or disk locked content are things I despise. Things like Dawnguard I am alright with(though I will admit I think they could have at least made a few new dungeons for radiant quests). What I want from DLC is stuff like Shivering Isles, where its an outright expansion pack. If you're going to charge me 25-30 bucks, at least take the time to make some new stuff and not a quick cash in is mostly how I feel.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#17Shy420Posted 8/12/2012 6:52:40 AM
While I wouldn't say "hell yeah, I'm not missiong out on DLC", I am interested in it. DLC is one of those things that I pick and choose, I don't buy skins, weapon packs, or other crap like that but I will buy multiplayer maps and single player content.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#18Liquid_Wolf_mgsPosted 8/12/2012 6:58:48 AM
I'm a supporter of the idea , it's nice that we have the opportunity to get add-ons for our favorite games to extend play time and add new features . However more and more DLC items are blatant cash grabs or withheld content that developers sell at a later date which is just utter BS . Games like Skyrim/Oblivion had GOOD DLC , while alot of EA games have BAD DLC .
---
Welcome to GameFAQS where everyone is the best at every game without trying while having a "life" except you .
#19Dev445Posted 8/12/2012 7:19:52 AM
I love DLC; I buy DLC for all my games. It extends the life of a good game. The only time I don't buy DLC is when its on the disc. Like what capcom did with SFXT, im not paying for something that's already on the disc **** that.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#20Headband_KushPosted 8/12/2012 7:24:57 AM
I'm a supporter of it, I just never buy any of it because I don't feel it's worth it. For the games I play, anyways.
---
HeadOn. Apply directly to the foreskin.