This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think it's almost lazy that more console games don't run at 60fps.

#1triple sPosted 9/2/2012 4:18:22 PM
First off, I understand the limitations of consoles and whatnot but I also think that more developers should really push for games to run at 60fps even if it means sacrificing a little in detail. You can knock Call of Duty all you want, but it's still one of the most smooth playing console games out there and I think 60fps is a big reason for its success. I know a lot of people are fine with 30fps, but having a game run at 60fps is a big improvement from a gameplay perspective. It is quite possible to have a combination of great graphics yet still get a 60fps average. Take a look at Bayenetta. Though it may not be a graphical powerhouse, the artistic design is great and it runs smooth as butter.

I can't lie, I'm more of a PC gamer these days but I wouldn't mind getting the console version of games more often if they at least met the 60fps category because overall, it's just a better experience. I just feel developers don't really push to reach that goal enough for consoles. I'm not saying every game needs to be 60fps but there are some flat out graphically underwhelming games out there that barely average 30fps and I feel that is plain laziness on the developers part.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#2andy12handyPosted 9/2/2012 4:21:27 PM
Believe it or not, some games I actually like better not running at 60fps.

It's like if I were forced to watch movies in 60fps. It's even worse if there's motion blur too.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#3gabriusPosted 9/2/2012 4:21:45 PM
ITT: Frames Per Second is how fun is measured.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#4Hyrulian15Posted 9/2/2012 4:22:28 PM
Let me tell you something, if my game ran off of 60 first person shooters, I'd be pretty upset!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM
#5triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 4:23:02 PM
Like what may I ask because just about any game I played on a console at 30fps is a much better experience in 60fps on the PC(I'm not trying to turn this into a PC vs 360 debate, I'm giving an example of 30fps-60fps of the same game)
---
#6triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 4:26:05 PM
gabrius posted...

In this topic, "smoother gameplay" goes over ones head. I'm sure if you played at 15fps, it will be every bit as enjoyable as playing at 30fps right? Because the amount of frames per second can not possibly alter the experience in a game.
---
#7triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 4:26:40 PM
Hyrulian15 posted...
Let me tell you something, if my game ran off of 60 first person shooters, I'd be pretty upset!

Oh you!
---
#8andy12handyPosted 9/2/2012 4:29:50 PM
I prefer Spec Ops the Line at its frame rate.

For some reason, if it was 60 fps, I'd feel more of a disconnect.
---
Gamefaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
#9triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2012 4:32:52 PM
andy12handy posted...
I prefer Spec Ops the Line at its frame rate.

For some reason, if it was 60 fps, I'd feel more of a disconnect.

It's funny you mention that, because that's the game that made me make this topic! Spec Ops is so smooth at 60fps and I think it just makes it so much more enjoyable. Awesome game by the way, I'm almost finished with it.
---
#10gabriusPosted 9/2/2012 4:32:58 PM
triple s posted...
gabrius posted...

In this topic, "smoother gameplay" goes over ones head. I'm sure if you played at 15fps, it will be every bit as enjoyable as playing at 30fps right? Because the amount of frames per second can not possibly alter the experience in a game.

Locked framerate is far more important than a benchmark number.

But please, continue acting like you know what you're talking about. Don't let my common sense get in your way.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius