This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 will not disconnect from WiFi network. Help?

#1The Waynos BumPosted 9/21/2012 7:05:06 AM
I have a console that does not disconnect from the wireless network when pressing Y on the network selection screen. When I manually enter in the network name I want, it then asks me for the WEP password. But the network uses a WAP password.

I have a second console that connects to the same network no problem. There are several laptops, devices, and a few other consoles that can all access and connect to this network without issue. Not sure why this one console is have difficulties.

Has anyone experienced this on the 360 before? What can I do to fix it?
---
Canya a l'Europa del capital!
#2The Waynos Bum(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 10:46:11 AM
This issue continues. When I remove all security from the wireless network, I can manually enter the network name and connect to Live easily (still doesn't let me disconnect though).

This would make me think it was a firewall setting maybe blocking access for the Xbox. But since a separate console can connect without any problems, to the same network, it makes me think it's Te console.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?
---
#3CapwnDPosted 9/24/2012 11:24:49 AM
Not all routers can handle two xboxes online at the same time. Google "xbox 360 compatible router" and there's a list of good routers.
---
Thrash Zone
#4Mako_eyesPosted 9/24/2012 11:58:01 AM
Set wrong manual IP for Xbox. Outside the IP range of the box.
#5The Waynos Bum(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 12:33:21 PM
CaPwnD posted...
Not all routers can handle two xboxes online at the same time. Google "xbox 360 compatible router" and there's a list of good routers.

This issue started when I changed the SSID Of the network. Before this, both connected fine at the same time. I have not tried having them online at the same time after changing the SSID.

Both are S-model Xbox's. The console with the issue works fine on the secured network if I share the connection from a laptop.

The one with the issue is not my primary console, so I can deal with it. I just don't want to deal with it if it can be corrected.
---