This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft letting EA bring Mass Effect 1 to PS3?

#21give_me_drugsPosted 9/29/2012 12:20:00 AM
r u dum
#22ChipChippersonPosted 9/29/2012 1:58:33 AM
I've heard that MS owns the rights to physical pressings of the disc, not digital downloads (which is what the PS3 version of ME1 will be).
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic
#23Iceman83Posted 9/29/2012 2:13:12 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
I've heard that MS owns the rights to physical pressings of the disc, not digital downloads (which is what the PS3 version of ME1 will be).

It's also being released on disc for PS3.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#24Lum_YatsuraPosted 9/29/2012 2:16:38 AM
ChipChipperson posted...

Exactly, who knows how many different speculations we've all heard. It won't magically reveal the truth. That gray area between theory and trolling blurs further as one views a situation with logic.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#25ChipChippersonPosted 9/29/2012 3:21:31 AM
Iceman83 posted...
ChipChipperson posted...

It's also being released on disc for PS3.

You are correct and I stand corrected.

" Mass Effect, the game which started it all, will be available on PlayStation 3
for the first time through the Mass Effect Trilogy and digitally as a
standalone title via the PlayStation Network. "

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/14257534/1

Ok, let me go with my second theory: MS had a 5-year exclusivity contract. ME1 was released in '07, it's 2012 now and so the contract is up.
---
"I don't spend my time posting Nintendo hate topics while letting my 360 and PS3 controllers rumble in my lap."-blazingsonic
#26Lum_YatsuraPosted 9/29/2012 3:42:41 AM
That still doesn't work. MS didn't release ME1 on the PC.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#27Nate_DihldorffPosted 10/3/2012 6:32:58 AM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
That still doesn't work. MS didn't release ME1 on the PC.

^This.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#28oasisbeyondPosted 10/3/2012 6:39:18 AM
Who cares, the game is old it ran like crap on the 360, so it's gonna run even worst on ps3. I rented ME3 on ps3 and I played it for 2 minutes, it had so much frame rate problems during the movie clips it was unwatchable and unplayable. ME2 ran like butter on the 360 so I don't get it.

Anyways MS are idiots, they don't give a crap about exclusives, they know nothing about games, and this gen proves it all. PS3 sucked cuz it was hard to develop for, if it wasn't I would have bought all the games for that instead of on the 360 which most ports run and look better 98% of the time.
#29iceman505Posted 10/3/2012 7:07:12 AM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
O_Town_Rulez posted...
ablack23 posted...
who cares. if EA bought bioware then dont they own the rights to it now?

They own the rights to Mass Effect 2 and 3. Microsoft owns Mass Effect 1.

Microsoft did not publish Mass Effect 1 for the PC.

Yes, they ALLOWED EA to publish it. MS owns the publishing rights for ME1, full stop. If they did relinquish them, it's likely they no longer care, or were given a sum of cash in exchange for it.