This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox LIVE Rewards MyAchievements Official

#1deathrow93Posted 9/28/2012 4:53:32 AM
Xbox LIVE Rewards now has a new section called "MyAchievements". You earn special gifts during your birthday month and get up to a 2% rebate on all your Marketplace purchase every month. Here is a link with more details:

http://rewards.xbox.com/myachievements/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what does everyone think? I think that this is good but very crappy compared to what they could have done. Think of all the customers they could draw in if they gave more incentives. The least they could have done is give us something up front for each tier. But we now have to wait for our birthdays. This just seems like a cheap way out. I know I have gone a month or more without making Marketplace purchases or minimal ones at that so this isn't as big for me.

Thoughts?
#2NavexPosted 9/28/2012 4:56:47 AM(edited)
What exactly is the special gift during your birthday month? Any ideas? I'm guessing some lame avatar item amirite? And 2% rebate? LOL geez that's gonna save you a lot.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#3BrutalBrockenPosted 9/28/2012 4:59:08 AM
Mondays my birthday month so i guess I'll know then
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#4stawg007Posted 9/28/2012 5:06:07 AM
******* awful! Stupid of me to expect anything decent
#5VeliconisPosted 9/28/2012 5:06:56 AM
Bah. It doesn't have anything for beyond 25k GamerScore? I bet the whole birthday thing will be absolutely stupid, too.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#6NavexPosted 9/28/2012 5:14:36 AM
At least they're doing something. It may not be much but it's something.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#7LapanuiPosted 9/28/2012 5:18:45 AM
Navex posted...
At least they're doing something. It may not be much but it's something.

It might as well be nothing.

2% rebate, would be like 24 MSP for a 1200 game...
Birthday gift that's worth 15p or 25 cents...

I was actually looking forward to something good when this achievement reward system was announced. I'm quite disappointed.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#8GeistPosted 9/28/2012 5:21:11 AM
stawg007 posted...
******* awful! Stupid of me to expect anything decent

Damn you free things!!
---
WRPG>Action>RTS>FPS>Racing>P&C>Sports>JRPG
#9GilgameshSwordsPosted 9/28/2012 5:36:25 AM
The birthday gift is worth 15p, that isn't even worth a tiny avatar item. The whole principle works on you buying mor things from them to get a tiny bit back. If it was retroactive, that would be fine, but I sense that it will not be retroactive on past purchases
---
You shouldn't have done that
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#10Perfect LightPosted 9/28/2012 5:45:51 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
Mondays my birthday month so i guess I'll know then

The asterisk says "Birthday Gift (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $0.25 USD)." Wow, a whole quarter. How generous, Microsoft.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
My novel - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095KJ6YC