This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games in Prison: Should Prisoners Be Allowed Access to Video Games?

#151glyde69Posted 10/5/2012 8:18:42 PM
Tough situation to gauge. I think the blind inmate "oh, they are people too" sissy mary supporters are idiots. I also think the blind "all inmates are scum" people are idiots too. Nothing I hate more than opinionated asses( usually hypocrites!) that judge the world without ever LIVING in it.

In the end, I think allowing these prisoners games( or any activity) should depend on the prisoner himself(violent/non violent offender?). Also depends on the prison(we talking Shawshank or a country club white collar minimum security joint?). Sprinkle in a variable like "good behavior" and I think it should go on a case to case basis whether they can play PS3, read, workout, work, ball, etc.

I'm sure there's some kind of law that says all prisoners need X amount of time out of cell, so let the prisoner's behavior and situation determine how exactly he spends that time. Nerdy tax evasion guy can visit the library and play Tiger Woods Golf in his free time. Good natured thug who was selling drugs to survive gets to shoot hoops and play madden in his free time. White trash guy busted for robbery because he has an Oxy addiction gets to go to drug counseling and maybe work an easy job helping the warden with his paperwork. Child molester gets NOTHING.

I'm stoned and rambling, but I hope my point got across.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#152glyde69Posted 10/5/2012 8:48:36 PM
Back to the "all prisoners are scum" and "I'm a law abiding citizen therefore they should all burn" people.....

Once upon a time, my parents went through some financial problems(early 90s). I was a spoiled little brat in middle school/ high school living life, trying to get laid, gaming, getting high, hanging out, etc. So I didnt realize that my dad lost his job and was working odd jobs to get us by. I didn't realize my mom had post P depression after having my little sister, and was going through crazy stuff. So crazy medical bills with my mom, my dad holding the ship together with silly puddy, three kids to raise( including an infant). THINGS WERE TOUGH!

During this, an old school friend of my dads(they went back to 1st grade together) offers him a job to make side cash. He was a local bookie, here's 12 guys u gotta collect from, u keep 10% of their losses, and boom my dad has another "part time" job(he also owned a small mom and pop video store, he did odd jobs in painting, he owned coke soda machines that he supplied once a week on the railroad).

Long story short, he gets busted by the FBI a few days after the Super Bowl. He refused to give up his lifelong friend, so the judge made it his JOB to destroy my dad and make him an example. He was looking at 5 hard years of jail time with no parole as well as possibly taking our house and any valuables. Last minute, SOMETHING happened and the defense worked out a last second plea bargain where my dad only got 10 years probation. It was some sort of program for 1st time offenders. Almost like a get out of jail free card right before sentencing.

Anyway, life goes on. My dad got a good job he liked and made money. My mom's 8 month PP depression funk lifted. She became a nurse. Years later, I can say my family is well and I thank God everyday(not that I'm religious or anything).

But seeing these opinionated BABIES. These goddamn self righteous pompous ASSES and their straight forward, look straight, hands 10-2, hypocritical opinions on life annoy me! People who have no idea about life except for what they see on CSI Miami or Battlestar Galactica. "I am a law abiding citizen who pays his taxes. Therefore anyone on jail is doing something wrong so they should all burn in hell." Get a clue, would you!

Btw, I think 90 percent of inmates are animals. So don't think I'm liberal Pete here. My point is more along the line of TRY SMOKING A JOINT before your anti drug propaganda drips from your fangs. GO TO A FRAT HOUSE PARTY before u roll your eyes and make comments at the "dummy braindead Jersey Shore culture." GET A COUPLE BUDDIES AND PLAY THE NEW COD WITH AN OPEN MIND before you make a snide comment along the lines of "generic shooter 146437831." GO THROUGH SOME TOUGH TIMES before u judge anyone else who actually had.

Babbling at this point.....
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#153Scoter81Posted 10/5/2012 10:15:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#154Shadow_ZujedPosted 10/6/2012 10:10:03 AM
wrexwrecks posted...
Shadow_Zujed posted...
Cyborg_Zthunder posted...
I think they should. I mean come on they made bad decisions in life that they're paying for now. They shouldn't have to sit in a cell staring at a wall while doing their bid just cause they made mistakes. Prisoners are humans too. Not everyone in prison is a scum to society. I hate how people treat them as such.

God I hate people like you.

Why shouldn't they have to sit in a cell staring at a wall?!?! they are prison for a ****ing reason. Why should they be able to eat, work out, play sports, watch tv, and play video game? They are a criminal and obviously need to be punished. They have it better in prison than some free law abiding citizens.

Its like parents that make their kids go to their rooms when they are in trouble but let them play video games and watch tv. It doesn't do anything. Doesn't make them learn.

I hate people that can't follow the rules.

God I hate people like you. So insecure and desperate to be better than someone, anyone, that you jump on the only group you know you're definitely better than by the simple virtue of not being in jail.

50 years ago you would have hated African Americans. 500 years ago you would have hated Jews.

Yes, because I hate criminals that MUST mean I would have been a Nazi or a slave owner.

Nice logic skippy.
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
#155FFTHEWINNERPosted 10/6/2012 12:11:31 PM
Cyborg_Zthunder posted...
I think they should. I mean come on they made bad decisions in life that they're paying for now. They shouldn't have to sit in a cell staring at a wall while doing their bid just cause they made mistakes. Prisoners are humans too. Not everyone in prison is a scum to society. I hate how people treat them as such.

this so much.especially that some of them are even innocent.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#156MegaWentEvilPosted 10/7/2012 1:31:32 PM
to glyde69:

Btw, I think 90 percent of inmates are animals.

I find this offensive to animals, they'd never do such things if they were sentient.
---
The chosen one.
#157OnipaladinPosted 10/7/2012 3:03:19 PM
I rather them in prison playing games than working out and coming out stronger than ever to re-commit their crimes with bigger muscles.

A sex offender with massive muscles or a out of shape gamer sex offender? I rather be able to fight off the sex offender because he is too out of shape from gaming in jail.
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 4854-6080-3737
#158LuckNotDoWithErPosted 10/7/2012 3:09:30 PM
Playmen: Playmates should be the only video game allowed in the prisons. A-sexual candy store for everybody.

And I won't say here why that is but then again, johnny in cell block 64 B will tell you exactly why....
#159LuckNotDoWithErPosted 10/7/2012 3:16:08 PM
glyde69 posted...
Back to the......
GET A COUPLE BUDDIES AND PLAY THE NEW COD WITH AN OPEN MIND before you make a snide comment along the lines of "generic shooter 146437831."
Babbling at this point.....

You had me right up 'till you busted out the Call of Duty can of whoop ass. Anyone who disses CoD deserves to be plank slapped across the face, darn straight. But if you don't like shooting games, you are allowed to diss them 'till the sky turns wine.
#160psyduck151Posted 10/7/2012 3:18:33 PM
glyde69 posted...
Tough situation to gauge. I think the blind inmate "oh, they are people too" sissy mary supporters are idiots. I also think the blind "all inmates are scum" people are idiots too. Nothing I hate more than opinionated asses( usually hypocrites!) that judge the world without ever LIVING in it.

In the end, I think allowing these prisoners games( or any activity) should depend on the prisoner himself(violent/non violent offender?). Also depends on the prison(we talking Shawshank or a country club white collar minimum security joint?). Sprinkle in a variable like "good behavior" and I think it should go on a case to case basis whether they can play PS3, read, workout, work, ball, etc.

I'm sure there's some kind of law that says all prisoners need X amount of time out of cell, so let the prisoner's behavior and situation determine how exactly he spends that time. Nerdy tax evasion guy can visit the library and play Tiger Woods Golf in his free time. Good natured thug who was selling drugs to survive gets to shoot hoops and play madden in his free time. White trash guy busted for robbery because he has an Oxy addiction gets to go to drug counseling and maybe work an easy job helping the warden with his paperwork. Child molester gets NOTHING.

I'm stoned and rambling, but I hope my point got across.

Problem is there's no difference between any of those people. They all broke the law. I think there's too many people in prison as it is and that most of them should be put to death. The government spends x5 more money on prisons every year than schools
---
Love. Pass It On.
GT: xCatch the Bus