This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamespot gives Resident evil 6 a 4.5

#81liquidblue4Posted 10/1/2012 6:06:32 PM
Deathx113 posted...
4.5/5?

or

4.5/10?

o_O

out of 10

which is 1.5 points higher than the 3/10 it got from Destructoid
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#82RygonPosted 10/1/2012 6:27:19 PM
Scion_Machina posted...

So I guess being less of a Survival Horror title that RE was once known for is justified then? Really,this is what I hate about any entertainment medium,these companies and producers can justify anything as long as it sells well even at the cost of their original fanbase which they owe their existence to to begin with. What will happen to Resident Evil when the shooting genre becomes dry in which it will in time? What then?

If you're so thoroughly convinced that shooters are a lesser genre and not being a scary makes a game bad, there's no reasonable discussion we can have.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#83NinjuggalotusPosted 10/1/2012 7:13:19 PM
lol
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"
#84GreatTroySenseiPosted 10/2/2012 4:31:15 AM
ChezDispenser posted...
GreatTroySensei posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
It will still sell well. More shooting = more sales. You can blame cod for that, capcom wants to appeal mainly to Americans.

Here's the thing; American teens want CoD. They want Gears of War. They want Halo. They grew up with those franchises, and enjoy them, the same we we older cats like our Metal Gear, our Resident Evil and our Castlevania.

They don't just want shooting, otherwise Kane and Lynch, Army of Two, Vanquish and dozens of other bargain bin titles would be platinum hits.

Capcom, you're not Epic. You're not Gearbox. You're not Rockstar. You never were, and you should try to be.

You were pretty damned cool though, once upon a time. Do you remember when you were content with, well, being Capcom? When everyone loved you guys? We do. We wish you would, too. Why wasn't that good enough? Not enough zeroes on the corporate checks to save face in an economically failing Japan?

SMH, folks. SMH.

Why weren't ailing sales good enough? Why couldn't you just lay off a few people instead of making more marketable games? Why couldn't you put our highly specific tastes before your livelihood?

ROFL. Capcom is a company who needs higher profit margins? Are you even a little bit serious there, Mitt Romney?
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#85Scion_MachinaPosted 10/2/2012 4:37:58 AM(edited)
Rygon posted...
Scion_Machina posted...

So I guess being less of a Survival Horror title that RE was once known for is justified then? Really,this is what I hate about any entertainment medium,these companies and producers can justify anything as long as it sells well even at the cost of their original fanbase which they owe their existence to to begin with. What will happen to Resident Evil when the shooting genre becomes dry in which it will in time? What then?

If you're so thoroughly convinced that shooters are a lesser genre and not being a scary makes a game bad, there's no reasonable discussion we can have.

You missed the mark completely!!! My point is that the core Resident Evil games should and always be the survival horror genre. Is that so hard to understand?
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#86electrolyzerPosted 10/2/2012 5:30:10 AM
Meh, i'll still check it out and probably enjoy it

*shrugs*
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#87hijokaidenPosted 10/2/2012 5:56:47 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Growlanser and all that aren't really games that can really be considered good or bad, it's up to personal taste unlike Dark Souls which is in the great majority considered to be great.

that's not how it works

Well they are still for a niche audiance with "peculiar tastes" (aka weeaboos) and not many people knows or care about these games (Growlanser and co).
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#88hijokaidenPosted 10/2/2012 5:57:13 AM
Alpha centauri posted...
looks like capcom didn't fork enough money over to the right people....

Indeed.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#89Scion_MachinaPosted 10/2/2012 6:49:56 AM(edited)
hijokaiden posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Growlanser and all that aren't really games that can really be considered good or bad, it's up to personal taste unlike Dark Souls which is in the great majority considered to be great.

that's not how it works

Well they are still for a niche audiance with "peculiar tastes" (aka weeaboos) and not many people knows or care about these games (Growlanser and co).

Quit using a term that your username can discredit whatever you say by saying it. Your name is so Jap-sounding that you using "weeaboo" is ironically hilarious!!!!

Also,quit trying to act like you're part of the "in" crowd because this gaming cycle can just as well change and I could be making fun of how most western games have the same basic skinhead gorilla design that I see common in games like Mass Effect and Gears of War.
---
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.
#90hijokaidenPosted 10/2/2012 7:06:10 AM
Scion_Machina posted...
hijokaiden posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
hijokaiden posted...

that's not how it works

Quit using a term that your username can discredit whatever you say by saying it. Your name is so Jap-sounding that you using "weeaboo" is ironically hilarious!!!!

Also,quit trying to act like you're part of the "in" crowd because this gaming cycle can just as well change and I could be making fun of how most western games have the same basic skinhead gorilla design that I see common in games like Mass Effect and Gears of War.

Rygon posted...

---