This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What multiplatform games are better on Xbox360 than PS3?

#21nathninteyonePosted 10/2/2012 2:29:19 AM
I know FF13, Catherine and Dark souls are all better on Ps3 besides those, xbox usually does better.
---
GT: NathNinetyOne PSN: NathNinetyOne GFAQS: NathNinteyOne... -_-"
Youuuuuuuu Sonofabiiiitch!
#22almasbabyPosted 10/2/2012 3:07:44 AM
Fallout 3 and RDR are the 2 standouts for me. The visuals on the PS3 versions are glaringly inferior.
#23Dave4202Posted 10/2/2012 5:54:58 AM
TonyMontana916 posted...
And yet you mentioned assassins creed 3. A game that doesn't even come out until the end of this month and every game in the series has been better on the Xbox 360. The first AC on PS3 had the worst framerate problems. So did 2. Brotherhood and revelations is where things started to get better for the ps3 with the AC games. 3 will probably be the same on ps3, but run better? Not a chance when they've always run better on the Xbox.

Ubisoft themselves already stated that the PS3 version will be the superior version thanks to the exclusivity deal they signed with Sony for Assassin's Creed. Obviously they're going to put extra time and effort into the PS3 version since Sony decided to throw fistfuls of cash at them.

bossk5 posted...
You can try to be " middle of the road " guy all you want but the fact is most multiplats perform better in the 360.

I don't understand why stating this gets people accosted around here. O_o

Your right, most multiplats do run better on the 360, I never said they didn't, it just bothered me when that one guy said 99% of them run better, the other guy who said 75%... sure I'll agree with that but 99%? I think not..... When someone claims 99 out of 100 games perform better on 360, that is more then enough reason for them to get "accosted".
#24godplaysSNESPosted 10/2/2012 6:36:49 AM
TheArcade posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Since you have a PS3, just get a PC instead of a Xbox 360

You have no idea whether the TC has the money or the patience to deal with PC.

You don't need much patience

Aside from better graphics, he also won't have to deal with the Pay to Play online

An APU platform is enough to surpass the consoles in visuals and framerate
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#25TheArcadePosted 10/2/2012 10:43:13 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
TheArcade posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Since you have a PS3, just get a PC instead of a Xbox 360

You have no idea whether the TC has the money or the patience to deal with PC.

You don't need much patience

Aside from better graphics, he also won't have to deal with the Pay to Play online

An APU platform is enough to surpass the consoles in visuals and framerate

Doubtful, he will have to worry about compatibility issues on certain games. Then you gotta worry about hunting down hardware parts and software one-by-one to build your own PC. Fully packed PC's are gonna rape your wallet. installing drivers to certain games, routine maintenance check-ups, etc. XB 360 is easier because it's "ready-to-go". no need to install or upgrade the hardware.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#26DoukouPosted 10/2/2012 11:58:08 AM
Dave4202 posted...
TonyMontana916 posted...
And yet you mentioned assassins creed 3. A game that doesn't even come out until the end of this month and every game in the series has been better on the Xbox 360. The first AC on PS3 had the worst framerate problems. So did 2. Brotherhood and revelations is where things started to get better for the ps3 with the AC games. 3 will probably be the same on ps3, but run better? Not a chance when they've always run better on the Xbox.

Ubisoft themselves already stated that the PS3 version will be the superior version thanks to the exclusivity deal they signed with Sony for Assassin's Creed. Obviously they're going to put extra time and effort into the PS3 version since Sony decided to throw fistfuls of cash at them.

bossk5 posted...
You can try to be " middle of the road " guy all you want but the fact is most multiplats perform better in the 360.

I don't understand why stating this gets people accosted around here. O_o

Your right, most multiplats do run better on the 360, I never said they didn't, it just bothered me when that one guy said 99% of them run better, the other guy who said 75%... sure I'll agree with that but 99%? I think not..... When someone claims 99 out of 100 games perform better on 360, that is more then enough reason for them to get "accosted".

It's a Hyperbole.

Also RE:6 has a deal with MS for DLC exclusives.
Didn't stop RE:6 from being better on PS3
---
Don't read this sig.
#27xxFOXFIRExxPosted 10/3/2012 7:27:44 AM
Mafia 2 is first that comes to mind.... that grass.....

But then again i play it on PC where is better than both console versions anyway
#28656stoogePosted 10/3/2012 7:42:38 AM(edited)
That Lens of Truth site is BS though. I have every console, so I wanted a site that told me the differences between each version without any bias, but that site is solely designed to get hits from fanboys.

For example, installing a game on PS3 or 360 usually increases performance drastically, as does installing any day one patches designed to fix any bugs. LoT doesn't install games or download day one patches though, because 'they want to keep it fair'.

Fair? The only people that care about fair are fanboys. I simply want to know what version runs best.

And they often treat minor differences such as a missing shadow here and there, the same as major differences like the game running at a far lower resolution.
I bought Black Ops for my PS3 because the site claimed that they both had their fair share of graphical problems, and as such awarded the game a tie on both consoles.
Let me tell you, the difference between the two games is night and day, with the 360 version looking far better. Some of the differences, like the PS3 version having a baked on reflection on every weapon scope, even have dramatic effects on gameplay.

I'd honestly use Digital Foundry to get a rough idea, and then check the forums on here if they haven't posted a review to a particular game. As it stands though, 90% of games run better on 360. Off the top of my head FFXIII, Castlevania, Vanquish, Darksiders 1,LA Noire and a few others being the exception.

And I know it seems like I'm rubbishing the PS3 a bit here, but at the moment the PS3 is actually my main console. I'm not biased and really don't care what plastic box is running my game, like you I just want the best version for my money.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdE_VnA4_3I&feature=related
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif
#29SpaceDesperadoPosted 10/3/2012 1:01:37 PM
www.gamedifferences.com

games like fallout 3 and rdr are just technically better on 360