This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of Orcs and Men...

#1karvinyereizowtPosted 10/1/2012 4:37:03 PM
Board is dead so here I am. I've been following this game since I saw a clip at E3 and thought how cool this game looked.

So I've been scrambling to get info but there is not too much besides the home website and some YouTube vids. The game has some very nice visuals and atmosphere and let's you switch on the fly between a hulk looking ogre and an assassin like goblin. There are strategy elements as well while fighting in tandem using a pause and play feature to give commands to which ever character you are not controlling at the time.

Anyway, the game looks awesome to me but there seems to be an issue. It says it has a NA release of Oct 11 on PS3/360/PC which is very soon. So I called a few gamestops and they are not even showing it in their computers. Does anyone have any info on this game at all and is anyone else as into it as I am?
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#2bluehat94Posted 10/1/2012 4:50:08 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic, it looks cool, but it's Cyanide Studios, whose last game was Game of Thrones which sucked.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 4:55:57 PM
I have some high hopes as Game of thrones was pumped out while this game has been in production about four years now. Cyanide also teamed up with Spiders for this co-devoloped game.
---
#4bluehat94Posted 10/1/2012 5:21:55 PM
I'm still cautious, more dev time could mean a lot of things, like it being but on hold at some point, or having things rewritten, etc., and spiders isn't a studio who i'm familiar with.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#5karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 12:20:46 AM
Anyone else with some thoughts? Bump I guess.
---
#6karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 11:57:09 PM
No one knows what this game is I guess. Oh well, I tried, kill topic.
---
#7HMXTaylor_LeePosted 10/3/2012 2:51:57 AM
Jumping up and down the floor
My head, is an animal

I have barely seen anything about this, so I'm glad you brought it up, so I can research it some more.
#8Super CreaturesPosted 10/3/2012 3:11:38 AM
bluehat94 posted...
spiders isn't a studio who i'm familiar with.

The only game I know of that they developed is Faery: Legends of Avalon, which was supposed to be the first game in a trilogy, but the series got cancelled (currently 600 points[still? permanent price cut?], which I feel is worth it if you like turn-based RPGs, but I think the normal asking price of 1200 points is a bit steep, especially when you consider the series will never be continued).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/603732-faery-legends-of-avalon

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Faery-Legends-of-Avalon/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a77

And apparently, according to the GameFAQs listing for the company, it is the only game they have made, with some Mars game set for next year in Europe/TBA in North America.

I believe they are a French studio.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9BlazingxPaddlesPosted 10/3/2012 4:01:21 AM
I like the concept and visuals that have been released, but I'm expecting a failure.
#10karvinyereizowt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 8:34:26 PM
Fail or not, the only way we are going to keep getting original IP's is to take a chance once in a while on something new. Not to say I'm going to blindly buy anything new that comes out without a generous amount of research.

Anyway, this game has me intrigued enough to take the plunge. I saw a 16 minuet walkthrough on YouTube that sealed it for me. Great graphics, strategy with pause and play, and switching characters on the fly all sounds and looked really cool to me.

So the only shortcoming would be possible clunky controls, but that's up in he air. Anyway if this game looks cool to you I want some feedback. Or support your local COD 52 and never play anything original again. Harsh, but true. Lol
---