This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS pretty much ruined Rare. WOW

#51LuckNotDoWithItPosted 10/8/2012 12:58:49 PM(edited)
I don't regret to saying the Wii is a piece of junk, and not at any point a games console.
It belongs in the exercise section since it's good at something alright, and that isn't games.

"I feel dirty for even owning that thing... "
Don't be afraid to hold back, tell the world how you really feel!

It has held the industry back a lot as I guarantee you would all own a PS3 and 360, if it wasn't for the Wii, because PS3 would not be so far behind in the race. Also there would be a lot better games like Motostorm Magic, Fable: Untold Legends and AAA renditions of Baldurs Gate if there was not any Nintendo Wii in this market.

Nintendo Wii has diluted most real gamers intelligence, it is a BAD thing for the marketplace. Not something to even applaud and most of you who secretly hang onto a Wii know this fact, yet you keep that joke, including Wii U, because its by "Nintendo."
Don't even make an attempt at denial.
#52LuckNotDoWithErPosted 10/8/2012 5:43:10 PM
rare ruined rare. guy on previous page nailed it.
#53cup_a_soupPosted 10/8/2012 10:37:57 PM
Houndour posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
Houndour posted...
ebullientprism posted...
Being a Wii game = automatically bad game? Kinect Sports is basically the same crap as Wii Sports.

Yes, Nintendo "quality" software, except with better graphics. And we got Kameo, PDZ, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and Jetpac Refueled...all of which never happened without Microsoft.

Under Nintendo, they'd be dead...and not dead in a sense of being 300 people strong. Dead like Midway.

Every single one of those games were crap under Micro$oft.

I don't think you're correct when Rare would be dead by Nintendo. we could've had Donkey Kong racing, some other IP, and a justifiable truth to Stop n Swop. Rare still had the steam left in them. . Rare IP's, the country games, and Goldeneye is what made Rare the best under Nintendo.

But i will still never forgive Nintendo for corrupting Dinosaur Planet into a Starfox game

Those games you listed as crap are still excellent 7 years on.

I had to force myself to play through the original Perfect Dark when the remake hit XBLA. It really hasn't aged well at all.

Take off those rose tinted glasses, they're doing you no favours.

Rose tinted glasses? Maybe you need to do that. The xbox era of rare is sad. Now rare is just another company on top of Microsoft's lap.

The xbox games are not even memorable. i remember there being a **** storm over the vehicle gameplay Nuts & bolts had. It wasn't the same. Kameo ended up being a huge disappointment, Viva Pinata, a bad license IMO to work with. Although i heard the VP games ended up being great fun.

I have no rose tinted glasses to take off. My first Rare game that I played was Kameo. And who the hell was disappointed with Kameo? No one bought the bloody game, even as a launch title, and **** like that is was discouraged Microsoft and Rare from making those sorts of games.

The only people that moaned about Nuts and Bolts were the hardcore Banjo fan base. The game itself is excellent and the visuals are some of the best I've seen this gen of consoles.

Problem is, again, nobody bought the game.

You only have yourselves to blame for Rares diminishing quality.
#54CloudStrife630(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:04:31 PM
LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
I don't regret to saying the Wii is a piece of junk, and not at any point a games console.
It belongs in the exercise section since it's good at something alright, and that isn't games.

"I feel dirty for even owning that thing... "
Don't be afraid to hold back, tell the world how you really feel!

It has held the industry back a lot as I guarantee you would all own a PS3 and 360, if it wasn't for the Wii, because PS3 would not be so far behind in the race. Also there would be a lot better games like Motostorm Magic, Fable: Untold Legends and AAA renditions of Baldurs Gate if there was not any Nintendo Wii in this market.

Nintendo Wii has diluted most real gamers intelligence, it is a BAD thing for the marketplace. Not something to even applaud and most of you who secretly hang onto a Wii know this fact, yet you keep that joke, including Wii U, because its by "Nintendo."
Don't even make an attempt at denial.

How many troll accounts do you have?
---
http://i.minus.com/ipN9gpNhMOxuc.gif
#55HoundourPosted 10/9/2012 10:31:54 AM
I have no rose tinted glasses to take off. My first Rare game that I played was Kameo. And who the hell was disappointed with Kameo? No one bought the bloody game, even as a launch title, and **** like that is was discouraged Microsoft and Rare from making those sorts of games.

The only people that moaned about Nuts and Bolts were the hardcore Banjo fan base. The game itself is excellent and the visuals are some of the best I've seen this gen of consoles.

Problem is, again, nobody bought the game.

You only have yourselves to blame for Rares diminishing quality.

Sure you do, you're just blinded by Microsoft's lies. Kameo was Rare's last 'good' game, but I was severely disappointed with the game. It could've been so much better, it felt like Microsoft dictated what Rare should do in that game. (IE: Having a deadline when the game should be finished by launch date) IMO

A lot of people thought Nuts & Bolts blew because of the fact it wasn't a true platformer, but more of a vehicle create, race, design, share type of game. When you think of the words "Banjo Kazooie", you think of awesome, fun platformer game, and Nuts and Bolts wasn't the answer. I'll admit the graphics were awesome, but that doesn't constitute the game being good like how you put it.

I have a million and one more reasons why Rare is now looked down upon, but its worthless to even discuss.
---
I LOVE METAL
#56LuckNotDoWithItPosted 10/9/2012 10:35:01 AM
Also, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was not a highly praised game.

If you call getting complaints every ten minutes a highly praised game, well, that might be the main problem because there was a lot lacking in Nuts and Bolts.

I liked the game but the difficulty mode, stage design, level layout and everything else were really very rushed.