This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people even care about reviews anymore?

#1BeastLeeAdamsPosted 10/1/2012 7:22:40 PM
Do people even care about reviews anymore? - Results (211 votes)
Yes
19.91% (42 votes)
No
31.28% (66 votes)
Only if I am somewhat doubtful of the game
22.27% (47 votes)
Depends on the game/series
9.95% (21 votes)
Somewhat
16.59% (35 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I mean come on it is 2012 people! Everybody has an opinion on everything! Obviously their not all going to be the same, yet most of the time reviews by magazine's and online sites tend to all be around the same score, with the same gripes. Sometimes these are true, however lots of reviews are opinionated. Also how do you even judge a video game anymore except for bugs and glitches? Seriously games are meant to enjoyed, not detailed upon detailed upon detailed. Do you guys honestly beleive that Reaident Evil 6 was that bad that it got a 4.5 out of 10 by gamespot, but an 8.8 out of 10 by game informer? Those are two completely different numbers and it makes no sense. I am not even a resident evil fan, and have only played the 5th. I thought it was pretty fun and I enjoyed myself. It was completely different compared to most games made today.
#2IvanKozlovPosted 10/1/2012 7:31:03 PM
I never have.
---
Yes...I am a demon. There's no way I could understand my prey, a human's sense of taste. What I understand is...only the taste of a human's soul.
#3NightRainPosted 10/1/2012 7:34:19 PM
That's why you have to read different sources and pick the one that reflects your views and your opinions.
You still have the choice to ignore and make your own opinion. Everybody has the choice.
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#4IceteaCrisisPosted 10/1/2012 7:41:50 PM
IvanKozlov posted...
I never have.

I'll glance over some if it is a game on sale for a good price but i am not %100 sure it is still worth it.

Look at some trailer and play through footage and glance at a review or two to get a feel for a game if no demo is available.

Weigh that all with the sale price of them game and decide if it is worth it to me or not, but i have never read what someone else wrote about any game and went. Well i need this game right now, or I can't touch this game with a yard stick.
#5aj4x94Posted 10/1/2012 7:48:18 PM
Ever since a certain game came out in 2008, I always take reviews with a grain of salt. Word of mouth is usually a better bet IMO.
---
Kept you waiting, huh?
Currently playing: Half-Life 2, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, Persona 3 Portable, Legend of Dragoon, Alice: The Madness Returns
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 10/1/2012 8:38:38 PM
Reviews matter. More as a whole than individually, but they matter. For example, like in any other form of media, if a bunch of videogame review outlets all say a game is terrible, it's almost assuredly terrible. That doesn't mean you can't like it. It just means you probably won't and most people probably won't. People think that if a game gets a terrible review and they liked it that the review is bad, and that just couldn't be further from the truth.
#7JELIFISH19Posted 10/1/2012 8:52:32 PM
I care about reviews a lot. They greatly affect what I buy. They point me to games that I normally wouldn't be interested in like Borderlands or Dark Souls. But it's not about the score. It's about what the reviews write. I look for at the pros and cons. If a game I wants gets a bad review for major flaws, I'm not going to get it. But if a game I'm on the fence about gets great reviews, I'm more likely to get it. I don't just go to one site either, I read as many as I can. I like to have an idea of what I'm getting before I get it.
---
I <3 my HRAP EX-SE
SSF4AE + BBCS2 + UMvC3 + MK = Life - Waiting desperately for Skullgirls
#8Nightmare2398Posted 10/1/2012 8:56:21 PM
for me it depends on the reviews. IMO gametrailers reviews are the best because they sync their reviews to gameplay better than any others, so when they say something's good or bad you see it right after they say it. they also usually make good points about games (though they tend to rate some games too high)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#9silenthill4vidPosted 10/1/2012 9:01:52 PM
i dont anymore, used to when i was young.

altough people overall surely do, they claim they dont when their game recieives low scores.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#10SunDevil77Posted 10/1/2012 9:03:53 PM
I sure as hell don't care about the number score.
I do look at the pros and cons if I am on the fence about a game.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.