This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next XBOX is going to sell really badly

#121TheArcadePosted 10/2/2012 2:13:21 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Dillon360 posted...
Some of my favorite games and franchises are only available on the 360:

Gears 1-3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Crackdown 1-2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Halo Reach

Although when the next gen DOES start, I'll be buying the PS4 first. The Xbox 3 a couple of years later. And the Wii U........... NEVER!

ninja gaiden sigma 2 is on ps3 and a whole lot better than the 360 version. And all those other games you listed arent worth owning a 360 for the majoraty of ppl.

No worries, I don't take it personally. Just find it fun to argue against the ignorant. Haha!!
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#122GnomestonePosted 10/2/2012 2:18:24 PM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...

Also this isn't fanboyism, i think the original XBOX is fantastic and the 360 started off incredibly strong but look at it now.

Yeah look at it now. 21 months straight topping the PS3 and Wii in sales in the United States. You have no idea the correlation between what brings in sales and what doesn't. You do realize the majority of consumers don't even know what the word exclusive means? You have to appeal to the majority to make your console the best.
#123EllesarienPosted 10/2/2012 2:32:44 PM
It's true that if I go to Sony I get to experience the wonder that is MOVE!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#124Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 10/2/2012 2:33:58 PM
TheArcade posted...
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Dillon360 posted...
Some of my favorite games and franchises are only available on the 360:

Gears 1-3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Crackdown 1-2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Halo Reach

Although when the next gen DOES start, I'll be buying the PS4 first. The Xbox 3 a couple of years later. And the Wii U........... NEVER!

ninja gaiden sigma 2 is on ps3 and a whole lot better than the 360 version. And all those other games you listed arent worth owning a 360 for the majoraty of ppl.

No worries, I don't take it personally. Just find it fun to argue against the ignorant. Haha!!

Ditto I feel the same :)
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#125EllesarienPosted 10/2/2012 2:35:12 PM
Gnomestone posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...

Also this isn't fanboyism, i think the original XBOX is fantastic and the 360 started off incredibly strong but look at it now.

Yeah look at it now. 21 months straight topping the PS3 and Wii in sales in the United States. You have no idea the correlation between what brings in sales and what doesn't. You do realize the majority of consumers don't even know what the word exclusive means? You have to appeal to the majority to make your console the best.

QFT.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#126TheArcadePosted 10/2/2012 2:41:19 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Gnomestone posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...

QFT.

Double Quoted For Truth.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#127rpglover13Posted 10/2/2012 2:51:52 PM
I'll go ahead and admit I own a PS3 and not a 360; I did own an original XBOX. I agree with what you said especially about the LIVE being monthly fee-ed, BUT for some reason XBOX became the primary household name this generation along with Call of Duty. For some reason people fail to see that PS3 has Call of Duty as well AND that their online play is FREE. I think the next XBOX will sell well due to this ignorance of the casual gamer who doesn't seem to care about money or really games even, just that they can say they have XBOX, LIVE, and Call of Duty.
#128TheArcadePosted 10/2/2012 2:54:19 PM
rpglover13 posted...
I'll go ahead and admit I own a PS3 and not a 360; I did own an original XBOX. I agree with what you said especially about the LIVE being monthly fee-ed, BUT for some reason XBOX became the primary household name this generation along with Call of Duty. For some reason people fail to see that PS3 has Call of Duty as well AND that their online play is FREE. I think the next XBOX will sell well due to this ignorance of the casual gamer who doesn't seem to care about money or really games even, just that they can say they have XBOX, LIVE, and Call of Duty.

Sony made the mistake of trying to play Xboxes game. They tried to outshoot them so to speak. What they shoulda did was concentrate on their own thing.
---
#129rpglover13Posted 10/2/2012 2:57:10 PM
TheArcade posted...
rpglover13 posted...

Sony made the mistake of trying to play Xboxes game. They tried to outshoot them so to speak. What they shoulda did was concentrate on their own thing.

If you're talking about their PSN being a response to LIVE then I agree, but the PSN would have been needed eventually for this digital gaming market. I do agree that they should have made a feature of their own as well as their own digital network.
#130SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 3:00:42 PM
Both consoles rock and should be even in a gamer's eyes.
And the next gen will do just fine.
/topic.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.