This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next XBOX is going to sell really badly

#141Deathx113Posted 10/2/2012 3:39:29 PM
TheArcade posted...
CaPwnD posted...
I'll go ahead and admit I own a PS3 and not a 360; I did own an original XBOX. I agree with what you said especially about the LIVE being monthly fee-ed, BUT for some reason XBOX became the primary household name this generation along with Call of Duty. For some reason people fail to see that PS3 has Call of Duty as well AND that their online play is FREE. I think the next XBOX will sell well due to this ignorance of the casual gamer who doesn't seem to care about money or really games even, just that they can say they have XBOX, LIVE, and Call of Duty.

It's funny that you use the word ignorance and also say that you have a PS3 and not a 360 and you call them the same thing when it comes to the online experience.

But you know what they say, ignorance is bliss. So keep on believing! Isn't that the mantra? "Make.Believe(that it's the same)"

Dammit now I got sucked into responding to the troll topic creator's topic.

It's okay, she got all of us Cap.

Some how this troll appears strikingly familiar...

She?

No girls on the interwebs dude.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#142CapwnDPosted 10/2/2012 3:46:20 PM(edited)
Yeah that's no girl. Just an attention whore.

"I'm going to pretend to have a 360 and be all mad HMMPH!!!"
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#143SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 3:43:29 PM
CaPwnD posted...

"I'm going to pretend to have a 360 and be all mad HMMPF!!!"

I say we get Chris Hansen on the case.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#144Deathx113Posted 10/2/2012 3:52:29 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
CaPwnD posted...

"I'm going to pretend to have a 360 and be all mad HMMPF!!!"

I say we get Chris Hansen on the case.

Let's do it!
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#145vecrynPosted 10/2/2012 3:54:36 PM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
This isn't scientific proof nor am i stating these are facts but alot of the Microsoft fans have been treated like crap for too long now and it's upsetting if you can't see it for yourself.

Thank god for XBLA games is all i can say.

Also this isn't fanboyism, i think the original XBOX is fantastic and the 360 started off incredibly strong but look at it now.

I haven't played online with the system in a long time... but with ads and stuff you don't like I agree you should be able to turn all that off. You pay a lot for online service with them so you shouldn't have to be forced to look at ad after ad. Also there are less exclusives now for the 360 than there used to be. Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect. You see more and more going cross platform and even previous exclusives now being released to other systems. Will it ruin the system? I doubt it, but it definitely wont help it's sales either.

I do like one thing though about how the 360 is vs other systems... and thats the achievement system. I just feel they do it better than the other systems and it does add to certain games for me personally for additional goals to shoot for just for the fun of it. The only main fear I have with the new generation of systems is will they allow you to play rentals and used games since there is a lot of talk about blocking any game that isn't brand new or paying a fee to play a used game. I really don't like that idea at all
#146SpitfirexXxXxPosted 10/2/2012 3:58:51 PM
I use my system to play games and watch movies. As long as the next Xbox allows for that and the controller is as comfortable as the 360 one the I could careless how many ads there are or what games are exclusive to it. I don't buy systems for exclusives.
---
Check out my band STABOTAGE
http://www.reverbnation.com/stabotage
#147desert_santaPosted 10/2/2012 4:01:09 PM
i'm happy with one exclusive a year, as long as it's good and doesn't get ported to other consoles

now shoddily built systems, that i have an issue with
#148Archwing3441Posted 10/2/2012 4:12:33 PM
TheArcade posted...
Pigfarts posted...
gabrius posted...
knightimex posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
This isn't scientific proof nor am i stating these are facts but alot of the Microsoft fans have been treated like crap for too long now and it's upsetting if you can't see it for yourself.

Thank god for XBLA games is all i can say.

Also this isn't fanboyism, i think the original XBOX is fantastic and the 360 started off incredibly strong but look at it now.

My name is KnightimeX, and I approve of this message.

...and if you needed any further proof of the worthlessness of this topic, there you have it.

if you don't have all 3 system then you probably shouldn't post your opinion. some people only play halo and thats enough exclusives for them, but you have to be blind if you can't see that MS is already moving on and gearing up for their next system. And ps is just hitting its stride with a great line up coming out.

Most of us have already had our fill or are still playing 360 and you're telling me PS3 is JUST now hitting it's stride? We had to wait 6 year for Sony to get their act together while 360 has been pwning since '07. Now we're expected to switch... please.

I didn't know you could be this way Farts, disappointed in you. Thought you were different. Always respect your fighting ability in MvC2 (your Juggs/Tronne still pwns). Now you show clear biased against people who only own 1 console. You do know people have their own preferences don't you? Not every one has to like the same thing you like. Has it ever occurred to you some people simply don't like the PS3 or the Wii?

If owning a lot of consoles is the criteria for this topic I probably have nearly every one in here beat. Does that mean every one shouldn't post their opinion unless they own every console that I do? Because that would be pretty awesome.

For the sake of argument, I would have to agree with him about owning more than 1 system. By owning more than 1 system, you are less biased because you've actually OWNED all the systems. If you own only one system, how can you possible give an accurate reason on why one system is better than the other if you never played them.

On that note, I do think 360 has betting getting stale for me. I think it's just because I haven't been playing as many FPS. IMO, 360 is the best system to play FPS simply due to the controller. The controller on the 360 feels the best when playing FPS from the shape to the analog stick to the better triggers. PS3 on the other hand feels better to play platformers and fighting games due to how much smoother the left analog stick moves and the buttons on the right hand seems easier to press. I know I'm just getting really specific on the controller but with most of the good games being on multiple platforms, and me owning a mac completely destroys any form of PC gaming), the controllers actually make a BIG difference.

For online, 360 I believe has a more active community, xbl party, and because I usually play 360 for fps, have a more reason to actually talk. PS3 on the other hand, is free but can't chat as well, which is fine for me because I don't need to talk for fighting games or adventure platformers.

Wii... is really only good for first party games (skyward sword, donkey kong, etc.) and party games. otherwise, I NEVER get a game on the wii (is xenoblade a first party game? if not, exception).

And that is my take on systems, which currently ps3 winning now because I've been more into fighting games.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#149rpglover13Posted 10/2/2012 4:15:03 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I'll go ahead and admit I own a PS3 and not a 360; I did own an original XBOX. I agree with what you said especially about the LIVE being monthly fee-ed, BUT for some reason XBOX became the primary household name this generation along with Call of Duty. For some reason people fail to see that PS3 has Call of Duty as well AND that their online play is FREE. I think the next XBOX will sell well due to this ignorance of the casual gamer who doesn't seem to care about money or really games even, just that they can say they have XBOX, LIVE, and Call of Duty.

It's funny that you use the word ignorance and also say that you have a PS3 and not a 360 and you call them the same thing when it comes to the online experience.

But you know what they say, ignorance is bliss. So keep on believing! Isn't that the mantra? "Make.Believe(that it's the same)"

Due to this ignorance of the casual gamer who doesn't seem to care about money or really games even, just that they can say they have XBOX, LIVE, and Call of Duty

Ponies say the stupidest things, and the funny thing is I'll bet he believes it.

Dammit now I got sucked into responding to the troll topic creator's topic.
I never said that the online was the same thing. I just said that PSN is free online compared to LIVE, which isn't. I'm not some Sony fanboy or a Playstation fanboy. As I said, I owned an original XBOX and loved it. I never said that the next XBOX would be bad either, I just said it would sell either way(bad or good) because the 360, LIVE, and Call of Duty have become household names and a symbol for ALL gaming to casual gamers. I wasn't rude nor negative to the XBOX, so don't be rude to me. You just make the 360 fan base look bad when you are rude like that.
#150CapwnDPosted 10/2/2012 4:52:54 PM
I never said that the online was the same thing. I just said that PSN is free online compared to LIVE, which isn't. I'm not some Sony fanboy or a Playstation fanboy. As I said, I owned an original XBOX and loved it. I never said that the next XBOX would be bad either, I just said it would sell either way(bad or good) because the 360, LIVE, and Call of Duty have become household names and a symbol for ALL gaming to casual gamers. I wasn't rude nor negative to the XBOX, so don't be rude to me. You just make the 360 fan base look bad when you are rude like that.

The way you say that one is free and the other isn't implies that they are the same thing, or that you will get the same experience with both. I understand if people don't feel it's worth it, but you make it sound like there is no difference. There is a reason people want to play COD on the 360. You say that reason is because their ignorant casual gamers who don't even care about games but only want to be able to say that they have a 360 and play COD and use XBL. I'm sorry but that is just... Really? Seriously? That is what you believe? I'm not trying to be rude. This is EXACTLY the kind of crap that the attention whore trolling topic creator intends when making these topics. People like you (and I just did too) played right into his hand.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed