This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next XBOX is going to sell really badly

#151TheArcadePosted 10/2/2012 5:11:36 PM(edited)
Archwing3441 posted...
TheArcade posted...
Pigfarts posted...
knightimex posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
For the sake of argument, I would have to agree with him about owning more than 1 system. By owning more than 1 system, you are less biased because you've actually OWNED all the systems. If you own only one system, how can you possible give an accurate reason on why one system is better than the other if you never played them.

On that note, I do think 360 has betting getting stale for me. I think it's just because I haven't been playing as many FPS. IMO, 360 is the best system to play FPS simply due to the controller. The controller on the 360 feels the best when playing FPS from the shape to the analog stick to the better triggers. PS3 on the other hand feels better to play platformers and fighting games due to how much smoother the left analog stick moves and the buttons on the right hand seems easier to press. I know I'm just getting really specific on the controller but with most of the good games being on multiple platforms, and me owning a mac completely destroys any form of PC gaming), the controllers actually make a BIG difference.

For online, 360 I believe has a more active community, xbl party, and because I usually play 360 for fps, have a more reason to actually talk. PS3 on the other hand, is free but can't chat as well, which is fine for me because I don't need to talk for fighting games or adventure platformers.

Wii... is really only good for first party games (skyward sword, donkey kong, etc.) and party games. otherwise, I NEVER get a game on the wii (is xenoblade a first party game? if not, exception).

And that is my take on systems, which currently ps3 winning now because I've been more into fighting games.

I don't agree with that assessment. You don't HAVE to own all 3 in order to voice your opinion. Anyone who thinks this is foolish. The question isn't about accuracy nor bias; really it's about actually giving an opinion. No qualification is needed every one has a right to their own opinion. That's like you telling a PS2 owner they gotta have an Xbox and Gamecube or else they can't talk about them.

Further more making yourself comfy on a controller is all fine and dandy. But I happen to be one of the few who despise the PS3 d-pad. By cutting off the diagonals it's hard for me to connect with DP moves. I was never a fan of pressing Down+Forward to the right. Filling up that d-padded circle with 4 more pies at each corner would've done wonders.

I don't enjoy the 360 controller either because it has bad diagonals. At the end of the day if I wanted to play a fighting game effectively on a console I'd just use a Saturn controller adapter. Arcade sticks are the traditional way fighting games are meant to be played anyways. So that covers my controller debacle, now I get to judge the versions on performance where the 360 normally wins.

My two cents.
---
Phantom Miria, Rippling Ophelia, Teresa of the Faint Smile, Windcutter Flora, God-Eye Galatea
#152RCCola7Posted 10/2/2012 7:41:31 PM
The next XBOX is going to sell really badly

Based on nothing but your own personal opinion.
#153rpglover13Posted 10/2/2012 8:09:27 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I never said that the online was the same thing. I just said that PSN is free online compared to LIVE, which isn't. I'm not some Sony fanboy or a Playstation fanboy. As I said, I owned an original XBOX and loved it. I never said that the next XBOX would be bad either, I just said it would sell either way(bad or good) because the 360, LIVE, and Call of Duty have become household names and a symbol for ALL gaming to casual gamers. I wasn't rude nor negative to the XBOX, so don't be rude to me. You just make the 360 fan base look bad when you are rude like that.

The way you say that one is free and the other isn't implies that they are the same thing, or that you will get the same experience with both. I understand if people don't feel it's worth it, but you make it sound like there is no difference. There is a reason people want to play COD on the 360. You say that reason is because their ignorant casual gamers who don't even care about games but only want to be able to say that they have a 360 and play COD and use XBL. I'm sorry but that is just... Really? Seriously? That is what you believe? I'm not trying to be rude. This is EXACTLY the kind of crap that the attention whore trolling topic creator intends when making these topics. People like you (and I just did too) played right into his hand.

I didn't mean to offend anyone on here, it's just that I know people who really are like that. They think they're gamers but they just really play COD and XBL. I didn't mean to make it sound like PSN and XBL were the same either, that's why I said what I said at the beginning(that I don't have a 360, only know of LIVE through others and what I'd read up on it). If the poster before you had explained it like you did instead of acting arrogant and rude then I might have responded more like this. Thanks for actually explaining what you thought instead of just bashing anyone with a different opinion.
#154Seksii_Girl_3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:20:31 PM
Yi Long posted...
I agree with TC. I started off with the original Xbox, loved it. Then bought the 360 and also loved it.

HOWEVER, the last few years have been crap, with no new original IP's being released and too much focus on Kinect (yuck) and apps.

The best stuff has been coming out on XBLA, which is still great, now maybe better than ever, but other than that, it's been horrible.

Also, I feel the last 2 years Sony has really picked up the ball, they have a great thing going on with PSN+, and my next system will certainly be a new Playstation, while I kinda lost faith in MS.

Wow someone who isn't a blinded fanboy, refreshing.
---
Daniel Bryan is my future husband!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4rxpltQhL1qgvr4ko1_250.gif
#155Seksii_Girl_3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:24:46 PM
Exilious posted...
User Name Seksii_Girl_3
User ID 6639802
Board User Level 25: New User (3)

Uh that has nothing to do with it. This is my third account, hence the 3. Try again.
---
#156zerodefectPosted 10/2/2012 8:30:17 PM
Luthor_ posted...
I doubt Bathesda would make the same bad port mistake twice.

Microsoft exclusives are pretty weak when it comes to my personal taste in games. I'll likely go Sony/Nintendo in the coming generation but that isn't set in stone.

I wouldn't say it was just a bad port. The problem is the hardware and the software controlling it. The PS3 is hard to program, most professional developers use Microsoft's tools and compilers and that is just what they are used too. Having to relearn everything doesn't make for happy developers.

PS3 costs more to develop for, it's harder to work with and to top it off is a weaker platform. As much as Bethesda can be blamed for a shoddy port, Sony can be blamed equally for providing sub-par resources for it's developers to work with.

Just as Microsofts development platform was the same for the Original Xbox as it is for the Xbox 360 I cannot see any reason to believe that the Xbox 360 successor will not use the same tool chain. Sony will no doubt redesign there tools again as they did with the PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3 and I think that is what hurts the ports more than anything.

All in all, I don't see the Xbox brand collapsing anytime soon, nor do I see the PS brand. It will be another war just like this generation all over again. I also think that the next gen Microsoft console will be utilizing DirectX 11.x technologies that will vastly separate the two platforms and it will be interesting to see how Sony's OpenGL implementation pans out.
#157SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 8:34:45 PM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
Yi Long posted...
I agree with TC. I started off with the original Xbox, loved it. Then bought the 360 and also loved it.

HOWEVER, the last few years have been crap, with no new original IP's being released and too much focus on Kinect (yuck) and apps.

The best stuff has been coming out on XBLA, which is still great, now maybe better than ever, but other than that, it's been horrible.

Also, I feel the last 2 years Sony has really picked up the ball, they have a great thing going on with PSN+, and my next system will certainly be a new Playstation, while I kinda lost faith in MS.

Do you HONESTLY think the next microsoft console is going to experience poor sales?
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#158Seksii_Girl_3(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 8:36:04 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
Yi Long posted...

Do you HONESTLY think the next microsoft console is going to experience poor sales?

I'm sure it'll do well enough in the States but Japan won't touch it and Sony sells better in europe/australia.
---
#159zerodefectPosted 10/2/2012 8:42:13 PM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
Yi Long posted...

I'm sure it'll do well enough in the States but Japan won't touch it and Sony sells better in europe/australia.

So whats your point?
#160SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 8:49:35 PM
Microsoft will still make a killing, and all of us will love it.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.