This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next XBOX is going to sell really badly

#161squarex8264Posted 10/2/2012 8:16:33 PM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
I'm sure it'll do well enough in the States but Japan won't touch it and Sony sells better in europe/australia.

I thought the 360 was selling more in Europe for the past few months now, which is why it's been able to claim "#1 selling console worldwide for the past X months"...

I can't seem to find any articles for Europe, just that MS went #1 worldwide around February, and they've been #1 in North America for a good while...

http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-360-is-now-the-top-selling-console-worldwide-221052.phtml

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/07/xbox-360-top-selling-console-us-20th-month/
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
#162KID VIDPosted 10/2/2012 8:36:23 PM
Am I missing something here? Were Microsoft and Sony's new systems announced or something? Any info on the system specs or price? How are people making assumptions about anything when nothing has been officially announced? Someone please enlighten me.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#163SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 8:40:34 PM
KID VID posted...
Am I missing something here? Were Microsoft and Sony's new systems announced or something? Any info on the system specs or price? How are people making assumptions about anything when nothing has been officially announced? Someone please enlighten me.

They don't like our happiness.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#164KID VIDPosted 10/2/2012 9:01:49 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
KID VID posted...

But why? Whatever did we do?
---
#165VixenofVenusPosted 10/2/2012 9:02:39 PM
Unless SONY or Microsoft actually have a truly ingenious system unveiled at next E3 ...

It's mostly going to boil down to which system you currently own / use the most.

If both SONY and MS unveil their new systems at the next E3 and go head to head next Christmas and through 2014 (and neither system is outrageously priced low or high) ...

Most 360 owners who purchase a new system will probably buy a 720.
Most PS3 owners who purchase a new system will probably buy a PS4.
Most multi-system owners who purchase a new system will probably weigh their options ...

BUT ... since MOST gamers only have one system, it's really not going to change things much. If the systems are evenly priced ... the sales figures will probably be fairly even.

---

On the other hand, just to be my own devil's advocate ...

Most of those gamers who actually buy a new system in the first year of release are hardcore gamers and aren't "average gamers" in any way. So while we can pretty much count on the new SONY system having superior hardware capabilities, and anyone who isn't a total SONY fanboy can admit that X-Box Live is by far the superior online service ...

It's really hard to predict how the first year of sales will go because while SONY will probably edge out MS's new system on paper and with exclusives, but the long-term hardcore XBX gamers will probably be hard-pressed to jump ship from an online service they've been paying for for over a decade (Xbox + 360).
---
Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit Middlearth.
You think you have lag? It took Jesus three days to respawn!
#166SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 9:07:16 PM
KID VID posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
KID VID posted...

But why? Whatever did we do?

we exist, and they're bored.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#167KID VIDPosted 10/2/2012 9:11:35 PM
VixenofVenus posted...
Unless SONY or Microsoft actually have a truly ingenious system unveiled at next E3 ...

It's mostly going to boil down to which system you currently own / use the most.

If both SONY and MS unveil their new systems at the next E3 and go head to head next Christmas and through 2014 (and neither system is outrageously priced low or high) ...

Most 360 owners who purchase a new system will probably buy a 720.
Most PS3 owners who purchase a new system will probably buy a PS4.
Most multi-system owners who purchase a new system will probably weigh their options ...

BUT ... since MOST gamers only have one system, it's really not going to change things much. If the systems are evenly priced ... the sales figures will probably be fairly even.

---

On the other hand, just to be my own devil's advocate ...

Most of those gamers who actually buy a new system in the first year of release are hardcore gamers and aren't "average gamers" in any way. So while we can pretty much count on the new SONY system having superior hardware capabilities, and anyone who isn't a total SONY fanboy can admit that X-Box Live is by far the superior online service ...

It's really hard to predict how the first year of sales will go because while SONY will probably edge out MS's new system on paper and with exclusives, but the long-term hardcore XBX gamers will probably be hard-pressed to jump ship from an online service they've been paying for for over a decade (Xbox + 360).

This is probably one of the best comments I've seen. Good job, ma'am.
---
#168SparkItUpPosted 10/2/2012 10:01:13 PM
Rapid_Power posted...
He has a point.. I'd most likely switch to a PS3 if it wasn't for my profile, I love Forza and all but the exclusives just aren't worth it anymore..

Agreed...however, if things don't change,(which i doubt they will) unlike you, I am willing to go to PS3.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK5eDkU61E
And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time, Forgetting you but not the time.
#169Pacman2dxPosted 10/2/2012 10:28:17 PM
I disagree with the original post .. I'll find my own way out ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy and weightless ..
#170Nile528Posted 10/2/2012 10:32:33 PM
Do you mind telling me who is gonna win in the Cardinals and Rams game on Thursday? I need to place my bets
---
XBL GT: Nile528