This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next XBOX is going to sell really badly

#51reverence27Posted 10/2/2012 8:57:55 AM
360 didn't outsell ps3 in NA because of Exclusives. It outsold because of Price. Even 2 years after launch (when i bought mine) it was an option of a 60GB 360 for $279 or an 80GB PS3 for $499. My only deciding factor was the price and that was Oct. 2008. Launch was the Same $499 - $599 PS3 while 360 $299-$399.
---
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#52gabriusPosted 10/2/2012 9:05:39 AM
bossk5 posted...
"I'm not trolling, i own a 360."

The fact that you felt the need to include this means you almost certainly are.

---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#53MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/2/2012 9:20:13 AM
Whatever, I got myself a computer.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#54AWarAmp84Posted 10/2/2012 9:30:47 AM
Whatever you say TC. Just because you're upset with your purchase doesn't mean the next Xbox will bomb. They have my purchase, that's for sure. I enjoy Xbox Live too much.
---
This message was typed using an Iphone. Spelling errors happen often, get over it. Currently playing Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution and L4D 2.
#55foxhoundxXPosted 10/2/2012 9:34:49 AM
Yeah, don't see the next XBOX bombing. Besides, they make more money on the software than the hardware.
#56radiocafPosted 10/2/2012 9:37:53 AM
I don't want to post into a brewing flame war (it always happens when a console is slated, true or not) but I kinda agree. Microsoft is trying to make Xbox a media centre, but most people just want games. Yes it's nice having movies and the like at my fingertips, but now it's too complicated, no matter what UI they put over it. They just still keep the extra features, but make them just features, not the feature, if you understand what I mean.

Oh and adverts on every page of the dashboard... seriously?!
---
Oh wow... Just realised I'm a GameFAQs Veteran :D
PSN ID: radiocaf
#57jzero91Posted 10/2/2012 9:47:32 AM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted..

Also the home screen is disgusting, i'm shown ads for bands, movies and singers i have no interest in yet we pay for online, we should have the option to turn that crap off.

This is the thing I have the most issue with. I am paying for the service, yet they are showing me more ads to pay more money for other things that they say is what my fee is being used to pay for so why do I have to pay for the thing I am already being told I am paying for?!.
---
I am the Magic!
#58darkhishamPosted 10/2/2012 9:48:56 AM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
If Microsoft cared they'd let RARE make the games THEY want.

RARE should just go back to Nintendo.

Companies =/= People.

You don't want the company to make games. You want the people who made the great ones to make games.
---
GT: The Nightdream
PSN/Steam ID: The_Nightdream
#59PigfartsPosted 10/2/2012 9:53:24 AM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
They treated their consumers like crap by giving XBOX owners one exclusive a year. What will 720 have? Forza, Halo and Gears of War. Not good enough.

The next XBOX is going to be the new Dreamcast but without the quality. If Microsoft cared they'd let RARE make the games THEY want.

RARE should just go back to Nintendo.

Also the home screen is disgusting, i'm shown ads for bands, movies and singers i have no interest in yet we pay for online, we should have the option to turn that crap off.

360 started off good but is the worst console ever because of the last few years (just bad).

I'm not trolling, i own a 360.

I agree with almost everything you said, but I do wind up playing my xbox the most. Xbox has almost no exclusives that I like, while the ps3 exclusives keep growing. I also agree with the pay for online and get no perks the PS+ give some pretty awesome perks for the same price.

PS I too hate how they spam advertising all across the dashboard.

+1 for your post
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#60miserable247365Posted 10/2/2012 10:01:31 AM
Xbox 360 has out sold PS3 worldwide, which is funny because the Japanese only seem to buy from Sony and Nintendo. So there is one of the biggest gaming markets bot buying Xbox and it still did better than PS3. I own both, but my PS3 is a dust collector. As for exclusives, MGS4 is the only PS3 exclusive I own. I've tried Uncharted, GoW, R+C, Resistance, Killzone, and few others that I either stopped playing because of boredom, or finished and sold because they didn't warrant a second play through (which is sad because I still replay games from the NES on). So where are these console selling PS3 exclusives?

Also, Dreamcast failed because developers were still focused on N64 and PSX titles. The Saturn was a horrible flop, so companies weren't going to invest money in making games for another Sega console until it proved it could move units. Dreamcast ended up with a horrible library. Not only did it not have good exclusives, it didn't have good non-exclusive titles either. That's why it failed.

The next Xbox isn't going to flop. They're not Sega. You're a naive little girl.