This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$$$ DOUBLE TRADE $$$ IN amount on ALL CONSOLES at gamestop$$$$

#11SparkItUpPosted 10/2/2012 10:58:27 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Chargers0721 posted...
I got 200 in credit today for my 320gb PS3, Not too bad.

That's very bad why not just save up instead of getting ripped with trade in's.

it's not really all that bad..on eBay they go for about $240 give or take. You account for ebay fees (listing, final value & paypal) and shipping costs, gamestop gave him about the same amount he would have gotten from eBay (give or take).

even if he sold it on Craigslist for $240, he still would have had to ship it and that generally costs about $10-$15, not to mention Paypal if that is how they paid. The difference really isn't all that bad really once you add in the convenience of getting it asap. Generally I don't stick up for Gamestop & their trade in values, but this one isn't really all that terrible.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK5eDkU61E
And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time, Forgetting you but not the time.
#12Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 10/2/2012 11:28:32 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Chargers0721 posted...

it's not really all that bad..on eBay they go for about $240 give or take. You account for ebay fees (listing, final value & paypal) and shipping costs, gamestop gave him about the same amount he would have gotten from eBay (give or take).

even if he sold it on Craigslist for $240, he still would have had to ship it and that generally costs about $10-$15, not to mention Paypal if that is how they paid. The difference really isn't all that bad really once you add in the convenience of getting it asap. Generally I don't stick up for Gamestop & their trade in values, but this one isn't really all that terrible.

When you put it that way it does look ok. I just never trade in my stuff anymore and just buy games or consoles I know I will want to keep forever in my collection.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#13SparkItUpPosted 10/3/2012 11:08:16 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Chargers0721 posted...

When you put it that way it does look ok. I just never trade in my stuff anymore and just buy games or consoles I know I will want to keep forever in my collection.

in general, im the same way....only time I trade or sell is if I am upgrading (i sold my 120GB Elite so I could get the MW2 console and I sold my MW2 console to get the MW3) Basically lost 100$ each time, but that really isn't too bad, definitely got my hundred dollars worth as a rental fee over the course of a year.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK5eDkU61E
And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time, Forgetting you but not the time.
#14AdultNinja21Posted 10/3/2012 11:31:06 PM
Obtik posted...
I was told $60 for a Wii... Still feels like a rip, I'd rather keep it for that.

Dude It's a friggin Wii. They sell that used for $79. Gez.
---
XBL GT: ChopperCity84 PSN ID: ChopperCity22 Wii FC: Forgot... :(
"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class." - Jigga
#15rusty12000Posted 10/3/2012 11:44:54 PM
wow thats not a bad deal, if i lived in the states id sell my 360 for money toward a new computer b4 windows 8 comes out.
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!