This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here has played bioshock?

#1OrangePoetPosted 10/2/2012 11:02:03 AM
So I rented the first bioshock from gamefly. I thought it was going to be a good game... boy was I wrong. I got past the first level pretty easily, but the next one just made me send the game back to gamefly. I haven't been annoyed with a game in a long time. The fact that when you die you don't get back your bullets that you used before you went into the vita chamber made me stop playing altogether.

Am I the only one that hates this game?
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#2KiltyMcBagpipesPosted 10/2/2012 11:03:24 AM
If you hate the game, you are defenitely in the minority.
#3SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 11:06:26 AM
I'd say about 7/10 people on this board have played or beaten Bioshock
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#4glassghost0Posted 10/2/2012 11:14:46 AM
OrangePoet posted...
So I rented the first bioshock from gamefly. I thought it was going to be a good game... boy was I wrong. I got past the first level pretty easily, but the next one just made me send the game back to gamefly. I haven't been annoyed with a game in a long time. The fact that when you die you don't get back your bullets that you used before you went into the vita chamber made me stop playing altogether.

yes
---
Signature OFF
#5SheepinatorPosted 10/2/2012 11:23:26 AM
OrangePoet posted...
The fact that when you die you don't get back your bullets that you used before you went into the vita chamber made me stop playing altogether.

The bullets you used are still in the enemies... Therefore, not a problem. You can also save manually before a battle if you want. The save system and vita chamber system in Bioshock is one of the most gamer friendly systems you'll ever find: multiple save slots, save anywhere, enemies don't regain health.

Pretty much.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6Fz_EchoPosted 10/2/2012 11:30:14 AM
I used to be like you when I first picked up Bioshock 2. Even though the game has a decent environment I got tired of the enemies very quickly. I kept playing and it's now one of my favorite games. Sometimes you just need to just keep playing and stay optimistic. Don't pay attention to anything you don't like, instead, only look out for things you enjoy.
---
The official Latios of the B/W 2 boards.
#7RygonPosted 10/2/2012 11:33:21 AM
Vita chambers aren't a check point. I think you failed to realize how they worked. When you die the game stays as it is, with all the bullets you used still resting in those enemies. It doesn't send you back to before the encounter with everything reset. If you would prefer it that way there is a generous saving system that you can use at any point. Your complaints are about something that isn't true.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#8failure_turtlePosted 10/2/2012 11:40:59 AM
I didn't like it much either but for an entirely different reason.

The lag when switching between weapon and "magic" (i forget what they call it) drove me nuts.
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
#9Arucard05Posted 10/2/2012 11:47:19 AM
I.......

I.....

---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#10memphis12Posted 10/2/2012 12:22:22 PM
Beat the game and loved every minute. It was very original in my opinion. It was a game i was genuinely excited about purchasing after watching all the preview video's.

I have never purchased the 2nd one nor do i intend to.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9