This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

hey guys i need help i was just hacked

#31jakethenoobPosted 10/2/2012 9:26:44 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Phished is not hacked.

No he just used an exploit in Fifa to get his info because EA is stupid. That's not phising.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#32donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 10:50:23 PM
speaking of EA does anyone know how to delete the account on there? i went to delete my account because after this happend im on the EA sucks bandwagon and i dont trust them with my info and i cant figure out how to do it
#33SheepinatorPosted 10/3/2012 4:57:43 AM
donate123 posted...
speaking of EA does anyone know how to delete the account on there? i went to delete my account because after this happend im on the EA sucks bandwagon

Nobody ever takes responsibility for their own actions any more. Your own weak security led to this. If not the EA site it would be something else.

Although, being on the over-crowded EA sucks bandwagon is pretty much a requirement for gamefaqs membership this year.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#34RPG_ApostlePosted 10/3/2012 5:05:52 AM
Sheepinator posted...
donate123 posted...
speaking of EA does anyone know how to delete the account on there? i went to delete my account because after this happend im on the EA sucks bandwagon

Nobody ever takes responsibility for their own actions any more. Your own weak security led to this. If not the EA site it would be something else.

Although, being on the over-crowded EA sucks bandwagon is pretty much a requirement for gamefaqs membership this year.

I partially agree. People that have the same e-mail and password for all digital accounts/content are kind of inviting trouble.

But EA forcing people to have an account with them for their games certainly doesn't help the situation. Besides, doesn't the EA account HAVE to be the same e-mail as your Gamertag account? I'm fairly sure that's the case. Which is absolute BS, because it leads to stuff like this. But you can at least have different passwords, which is where most people screw themselves and have everything exactly the same.
---
GameFaqs: Where two people agreeing means it's one person with two accounts.
#35Vivi0198Posted 10/3/2012 5:06:53 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
Winternova posted...
IvanKozlov posted...
With me telling you for so long, I would have thought that you would have learned how to type like a person who doesn't have a mental deficiency. Finally, if that is your idea of how a person is suppose to type English, you may want to shoot your English teachers because they did you a great disservice.

Really? REALLY?

Typos be obvious winter. Typing like his be intentional.

Not really. If you're going to be a jackass about the way someone types then your post better be perfect which yours was not.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#36djwagonPosted 10/3/2012 5:11:45 AM
Sheepinator posted...
donate123 posted...

lol when you use the same password and e-mail address between the two as well as LINK your gt .maybe because ea was hacked for that damn game ffa11.so in your words WE all used weak security,we all where at fault .I agree we who got our accounts hijack made the mistake of using everything the same between the two.plus your also forgetting the brute force attack .but that is also our fault.I agree I made a mistake here .I never blamed ea.I do blame them for NOT having a secure server
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
this is my set-up http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/importer1/
#37SheepinatorPosted 10/3/2012 5:17:38 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
But EA forcing people to have an account with them for their games certainly doesn't help the situation. Besides, doesn't the EA account HAVE to be the same e-mail as your Gamertag account? I'm fairly sure that's the case. Which is absolute BS, because it leads to stuff like this. But you can at least have different passwords, which is where most people screw themselves and have everything exactly the same.

I don't know about the username thing but you're right about the passwords. This is how those people do it. They get your info from some weaker site and try it on a stronger site. If you only use one or two emails and one password everywhere, sooner or later you're likely to be screwed a lot more than losing some MS points. Similarly, I read an article last week about how easy it is to guess pin numbers. Something like 1 in 4 can be quickly guessed without many tries. So many people do 1234, even 1111, many do adjacent numbers like 1212, 3434, that kind of thing, or 8520 (vertical line on the pad). With a few more tries someone could guess it's 19xx (being a date, birth year of the person or immediate family, easily found if your wallet is stolen).
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#38donate123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:50:02 PM
dont know if you all care or not (probably dont considering this is gamefaqs aka troll central) they finished thier investigation sooner than they told me they would i have my account back and im a little confused about how they refunded my points but i think i got all of those back too thank you those of you that were helpful
#39CheckedItPosted 10/3/2012 11:22:20 PM
This is still happening? I still don't think this is just simple phising/database duplicates.

My friend for example, he is extremely security conscious, uses extremely secure passwords and actually works in cybersecurity, yet his Xbox Live account he uses frequently was somehow hacked. When he checks his xbox account on a computer he uses a secured Linux Live CD, same one he uses to access his banking information. He changes his passwords on a monthly basis.

Many people in the media have also come out stating that they used secure passwords, yet were still hacked.

Makes me worry because I have my banking information and various other accounts (Steam/PSN/GOG) linked to the email I use for my Xbox Live account.
#40Super CreaturesPosted 10/3/2012 11:27:12 PM
CheckedIt posted...
yet his Xbox Live account he uses frequently was somehow hacked.

Many people in the media have also come out stating that they used secure passwords, yet were still hacked.

I can assure you, in both cases, they were not hacked, unless you mean that for some reason they keep a file on their computer containing account details, and somebody actually hacked their computers, found that file, and used it to compromise their accounts.

Again I say, accounts do not, cannot, and will not get hacked.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.