This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's with the horrible video game trends this generation?

#21DyingPancakePosted 10/2/2012 4:25:21 PM
TC literally said to complain to gun manufactures

I honestly can't believe the idiocy here
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 0
#22GeistPosted 10/2/2012 4:54:19 PM
Over ambitious topic creators.
#23pots555Posted 10/2/2012 5:02:05 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Gamers this gen are the worst trend. They complain about every.little.thing.
It's like they don't even enjoy the hobby anymore, everyone is just a critic looking for little mistakes.

That is a very good comment. I second that.
#24JukainPosted 10/2/2012 5:12:54 PM
Famished_Corpse posted...
Jukain posted...
@levyjl1988, I agree with everything you said, and I hate it. But the truth of the matter is with gaming going full-on mainstream with everyone being able to interact with each other, it was inevitable. As amazing as Xbox LIVE / PSN / online gaming is, it carries with it an evil, dark side that allows everything you listed to exist.

@SunDevil77, go fall off a cliff. We didn't have to deal with this crap before this gen and it's sad people like you are willing to do so.

After reading SunDevil77's initial post in this thread, I think you may have targeted the wrong person with your statement Jukain. It doesn't seem like what SunDevil77 said indicated he willingly goes along with the so-called "terrible business practices" first mentioned by the topic creator. Rather, it seems mdotwillie09 is the one who goes with it, as shown with his "but hey its business so I can't complain" comment.

In fairness, mdotwillie09's post wasn't there when I made my post, it came between my writing my post and posting the post. I was going to make that comment to the first defender who showed up in the topic, and SunDevil77 got unlucky.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#25BrutalBrockenPosted 10/2/2012 5:15:31 PM
I hate the season Pass with every major release. I was on the marketplace today, and saw a crapload of DLC for Darksiders 2, and thought all right. So I look at it and every single item there says, sorry your pass for DLC only works for the other 3 DLC, not this dlc. Saints Row 3 did the same thing alot. Personally I just hate it. I also hate online passes. Why have an online pass for a fighting game? Thats the whole point of the game. And im sure i'll get the reply, well thet're trying to get money from there used copies also, well if the game was fantastic then there probably wont be much used copies.
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#26phillyeagles123Posted 10/2/2012 5:30:45 PM
BrutalBrocken posted...
I hate the season Pass with every major release. I was on the marketplace today, and saw a crapload of DLC for Darksiders 2, and thought all right. So I look at it and every single item there says, sorry your pass for DLC only works for the other 3 DLC, not this dlc. Saints Row 3 did the same thing alot. Personally I just hate it. I also hate online passes. Why have an online pass for a fighting game? Thats the whole point of the game. And im sure i'll get the reply, well thet're trying to get money from there used copies also, well if the game was fantastic then there probably wont be much used copies.

Agreed. Online passes are just plain greedy.
#27DakhanavarXPosted 10/2/2012 5:37:18 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
It's like they don't even enjoy the hobby anymore, everyone is just a critic looking for little mistakes.

This. And lest we forget things like...'ya know, good trends from this generation. Like standard 1st party wireless controllers, cloud saves, downloadable games (Retail, indie, and arcade), achievements/trophies, DLC (Because not all of it is evil and terrible), downloadable demos to countless games (No more hoping the demo disk from you mag would have something worthwhile that month), far more multimedia capabilities (For the folks that like that stuff), etc.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#28SunDevil77Posted 10/2/2012 5:39:42 PM
Jukain posted...
Famished_Corpse posted...
Jukain posted...
@levyjl1988, I agree with everything you said, and I hate it. But the truth of the matter is with gaming going full-on mainstream with everyone being able to interact with each other, it was inevitable. As amazing as Xbox LIVE / PSN / online gaming is, it carries with it an evil, dark side that allows everything you listed to exist.

@SunDevil77, go fall off a cliff. We didn't have to deal with this crap before this gen and it's sad people like you are willing to do so.

After reading SunDevil77's initial post in this thread, I think you may have targeted the wrong person with your statement Jukain. It doesn't seem like what SunDevil77 said indicated he willingly goes along with the so-called "terrible business practices" first mentioned by the topic creator. Rather, it seems mdotwillie09 is the one who goes with it, as shown with his "but hey its business so I can't complain" comment.

In fairness, mdotwillie09's post wasn't there when I made my post, it came between my writing my post and posting the post. I was going to make that comment to the first defender who showed up in the topic, and SunDevil77 got unlucky.

I don't like you.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#29levyjl1988(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 6:11:05 PM
pots555 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

That is a very good comment. I second that.

Complaints are known as feedback reports. Complaints are used so the developer/ publisher can hear the reception of how the software title or service is doing. If it is doing poorly then the developers have it in their hands to improve such product.

For someone to blantly accept anything in life without confronting it intellectually is to simply ignore a problem is just being idiotic.

I pay for my games and service and I want it improved. What's wrong with that.
I like to nitpick as well on what minor issues can be fixed so next time it can be adressed, even the tiniest tweak makes a difference. Perhaps I and others strive for perfection, while other are just happy with anything even if the quality is bad. Sometimes even people fail to have an imagination on how to improve a product.

Complaints about Mass Effect 3 ending was adressed because of the fan feedback, sure it gone to the point of taking to far, but it was necessary for the outcry to be remedied. I don't know why it bothers you for someone to complain but we want things to be improved.
---
"- - - - the king's guard. - - - - the city. - - - - the king."
#30RPGNinja123Posted 10/2/2012 6:13:11 PM
I agreed with everything you said. Well done.
---
"I roll through the block invincible like I got a star in Mario Kart."