This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to play New Vegas again but I cant get into it after playing Skyrim.

#1agentspoonPosted 10/3/2012 6:04:05 AM
Its lacking one critical thing.....Sprinting.

I know its shallow but it makes a world of difference.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#2oasisbeyondPosted 10/3/2012 6:21:02 AM
pIt's missing a lot of things, Fallout feels so last gen after playing Skyrim.
#3Rebel_GPosted 10/3/2012 9:01:32 AM
Seriously.

I quit NV halfway because it lacked sprinting.

Combined with the constant loading, I kept freaking falling asleep with the controller in my hands.
---
PSWii60 Gamer
#4Luthor_Posted 10/3/2012 9:04:01 AM
I didn't like New Vegas at all.. and believe me, I tried to like it for about 15 hours. It didn't appeal to me.

Especially the theme, it was so boring.
---
My Get List: Dishonored || Hitman: Absolution || Assassins Creed III
#5superbowl54Posted 10/3/2012 9:31:07 AM
Rebel_G posted...
Seriously.

I quit NV halfway because it lacked sprinting.

Combined with the constant loading, I kept freaking falling asleep with the controller in my hands.

but you stayed awake during Skyrim?

to each his own I guess
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Uncharted 3, Metro 2033, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Dragon's Dogma
#6ffgamemanPosted 10/3/2012 9:37:15 AM
I recently went back to New Vegas after Skyrim.

Yes, the lack of a sprint button hurts, but it is by no means a deal-breaker. Fallout is a completely different (and in some ways better) experience: better quest and speech options, better characters, more humor, etc. The interface isn't as good (I have plenty of slowdown navigating the Pip-Boy), however.

I began enjoying New Vegas so much that I've bought two DLCs in the past two weeks (Gun Runner's Arsenal and Old World Blues). With my remaining 800 points, I may buy another DLC for either Fallout 3 or New Vegas.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#7GeistPosted 10/3/2012 9:38:26 AM
Interesting, I am having the exact opposite happening. After FO3 and NV I just can not get into Skyrim. I think it's the setting. I am just very tiered of the mid evil setting and after exploring the CW and NV, Skyrims world feels bland to me.
#8fhsfootball74Posted 10/3/2012 9:57:19 AM
I'm the exact opposite after playing FO 3/ NV I can't get into Skyrim at all. So burnt out on the setting after Morrowind/Oblivion. Plus I love the atmosphere, music, humor etc. better in Fallout. I don't mind no sprint at all TBH.
---
In SMod we trust.
#9fhsfootball74Posted 10/3/2012 10:01:23 AM
^^ haha our posts are nearly identical didn't even see that.
---
In SMod we trust.
#10DoukouPosted 10/3/2012 10:02:22 AM
Geist posted...
Interesting, I am having the exact opposite happening. After FO3 and NV I just can not get into Skyrim. I think it's the setting. I am just very tiered of the mid evil setting and after exploring the CW and NV, Skyrims world feels bland to me.

Same.
---
Don't read this sig.