This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Digital distribution IS the future, deal with it

#1McStinkwrinklePosted 10/3/2012 1:48:50 PM
No one wants to buy hard copies anymore unless theyre some oddball with a wall of games(look at my mountain of toys!). I've got over 200 digital games through xbox, steam, my phone, and my vita and guess what? It doesn't congest my living space or make me look like a weirdo when I have company. Get with the times, go digital and stop living like a hoarder.
#2JukainPosted 10/3/2012 1:50:42 PM
No.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#3failure_turtlePosted 10/3/2012 1:55:06 PM
Not just digital distribution, but cloud computing is the future.

Once internet speeds are as fast as hard drives you'll just have a screen, a wifi card and some memory. Everything else will be stored on servers elsewhere.
---
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
#4Iceman83Posted 10/3/2012 2:18:35 PM
unfortunately, i have to accept dd is the future, eventually. But for now, i prefer my hard copies.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#5TrugamerPosted 10/3/2012 2:20:04 PM
And if that is the case then console gaming is not
#6McStinkwrinkle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:26:19 PM
Trugamer posted...
And if that is the case then console gaming is not

No, consoles will evolve with the times and continue to thrive. These guys aren't dumb(industry heads), and they'll go where the money is.
#7Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/3/2012 2:28:21 PM
McStinkwrinkle posted...
No one wants to buy hard copies anymore

stopped reading there
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#8TheMuffinPosted 10/3/2012 2:31:36 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
McStinkwrinkle posted...
No one wants to buy hard copies anymore

stopped reading there

Same.
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#9corex3dPosted 10/3/2012 2:34:31 PM(edited)
i'll be done with gaming then at least any games that are DD only anyway i like to have collections and i like actually being able to hold the game in my hands not just some download on a computer or whatever it may be and i don't really go to crazy with the amount of games i have i usually get rid of games i don't think i'll ever play again
#10nothingbeastPosted 10/3/2012 2:35:45 PM
Lots of reasons for me not to trust it, because I like to keep the things I buy.

Accounts get hacked, Hard Drives get fried, items get removed from the marketplace.

If they go 100% intangible, I'll forever wonder how much money i'll be out when the system falls through.

Meanwhile, my cartridges and cds will still be around.... and probably will be around long after I'm gone.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.