This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here not like Gears?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone here not like Gears?

User Info: CheckedIt

CheckedIt
4 years ago#41
I enjoyed the games. But then again I did not spend hundreds of hours on each title.

I spent much time on the first games multiplayer but not the other two.

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
4 years ago#42
After playing resident evil 4 I was kinda hoping gears would be the same minus the hiding.

It seems like hiding is a major part of the game.

Killed it for me.
i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 12gb 1,333 mhz ram, 1.5tb HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096Mb, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, 850 psu

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
4 years ago#43
DragoonAnger posted...
I found it boring and the characters were very grating.
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.

User Info: SparkItUp

SparkItUp
4 years ago#44
Roldrage posted...
I don't really like it to be honest.

It's not so much that I didn't like it, in fact I enjoyed GoW 1 , but it got old & repetitive afterwards. That being said, I feel the same about any sequel that goes past 2 if they don't do something innovative to keep it fresh. This goes for Halo, GoW, CoD, etc. I'm sure I'd feel the same way about quite a few PS3 titles as well. I just feel there comes a point where a series starts to lose something about itself and just gets stale after awhile. This is my biggest grievence w/ the 360. It's just becoming a rehash machine that is supported by XBLA , Kinect & Apps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI Carve your name into my arm.Instead of stressed,I lie here charmed.Cuz theres nothing else to do.Every you,every me

User Info: MacDofGlasgow

MacDofGlasgow
4 years ago#45
I just think it's an okay series. Gears was great, gears 2 was okay, gears 3 was better than 2 but not as good as the first.
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3

User Info: Trugamer

Trugamer
4 years ago#46
I did not like the pacing of the SP and hated the mechanics of the MP , this series was completely dead to me after the first game.

User Info: Primetime1981

Primetime1981
4 years ago#47
I like Gears but I don't love it like some do. It has great graphics and its got a pretty cool story but the gameplay gets repetitive quickly. Its a good exclusive but I don't think its the system seller some make it out to be.

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
4 years ago#48
I like GoW though co-op definitely has a different feel to it than solo. I doubt I would like the series as much as I do if i went through the trilogy solo you don't notice the repetitive nature in co-op. Also I don't know what it was but 3 felt kinda off to me I think it was the open world and landscapes compared to the enclosed feel off the first two. Then again the change of scenery was story driven.
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: Darth_Elusive

Darth_Elusive
4 years ago#49
I don't like Gears of War. And I have a XBOX 360, bought Gears 2 when it was on sale (not long after its release) but only played about 20 minutes. I still have the game but not playing it.

I just don't like the war zone setting and the typical macho soldier kind of protagonist.
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5

User Info: SS_MetalSonic

SS_MetalSonic
4 years ago#50
no i love gears. love it more than i play it though. same with battlefield. i have too many games. have not played my favorites in some time now.
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Arkham City, Dead space 2, SKYRIM
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone here not like Gears?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived