This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone actually buy games thru xbl?

#11naughtydog2kO3Posted 10/3/2012 8:36:40 PM
Just Crysis and Beyond Good & Evil HD since they can't be bought at store or anything.
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#12xcmon3yx2Posted 10/3/2012 8:40:25 PM
Yamaguxhi posted...
I do. Picked up oblivion for 15$ just the other day. Haven't played that game since it came out ,and probably won't get back to it anytime soon, but 15$..... Come on now

GOTY edition with both expansions $20 brand new any store, much better deal
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/HakudoshiV77360
PC -Intel i5 3570k, EVGA GTX680, 16GB DDR3
#13GeistPosted 10/3/2012 8:40:56 PM
Twelve so far on my end. It's simple and easier, plus takes up less room. Never paid more for one then I would have if I had gone retail instead.
#14HulkxxSMASHPosted 10/3/2012 9:28:55 PM
naughtydog2kO3 posted...
Just Crysis and Beyond Good & Evil HD since they can't be bought at store or anything.

Isn't Beyond Good & Evil in a triple pack of games released on disc? Pretty sure I saw it last weekend in a shop.

Aside from Arcade, I have Fahrenheit, GTA San Andreas and I downloaded Bully: Scholarship Edition back when it was on sale a few weeks ago.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#15SunDevil77Posted 10/3/2012 9:37:09 PM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
Yamaguxhi posted...
I do. Picked up oblivion for 15$ just the other day. Haven't played that game since it came out ,and probably won't get back to it anytime soon, but 15$..... Come on now

GOTY edition with both expansions $20 brand new any store, much better deal

Or the Obilivion/Fallout 3 combo for 20 lol
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#16Marvel ManPosted 10/3/2012 9:44:01 PM
"sn't Beyond Good & Evil in a triple pack of games released on disc? Pretty sure I saw it last weekend in a shop.

Aside from Arcade, I have Fahrenheit, GTA San Andreas and I downloaded Bully: Scholarship Edition back when it was on sale a few weeks ago."

I take it your from the UK? For whatever reason lots of XBLA games are released on disc over there but no such countepart exist for North America.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#17HulkxxSMASHPosted 10/3/2012 9:51:59 PM
Marvel Man posted...
"sn't Beyond Good & Evil in a triple pack of games released on disc? Pretty sure I saw it last weekend in a shop.

Aside from Arcade, I have Fahrenheit, GTA San Andreas and I downloaded Bully: Scholarship Edition back when it was on sale a few weeks ago."

I take it your from the UK? For whatever reason lots of XBLA games are released on disc over there but no such countepart exist for North America.

Yeah I'm from the UK - I thought the triple pack was released everywhere... guess not. The other 2 games for the record are From Dust and Outland.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#18XxAzraelxXPosted 10/3/2012 9:54:52 PM
I never do and I hate downloadable games but I'll probably buy Resident Evil Code Veronica and RE 3 because there isn't a boxed alternative
---
Xbox 360 gamertag: AzraelDKF
#19Super CreaturesPosted 10/3/2012 11:13:31 PM
Just buy RE6 Archives and get RE: CVX, RE4, and RE5 Gold Edition for free ($77 value if my math is correct, taking into account the Untold Stories bundle for RE5 and not buying the individual DLC), or RE6 for $13, depending on how you want to look at it, if you can find it for a reasonable price (MSRP is $90).

As for me, I've been buying quite a number of GoD games, because my disc drive doesn't work, and it is cheaper, and far less time consuming, to use Bing Rewards to get MSP to buy them than it would be to get enough credits to get enough Tango Cards to get $100 in cash, after their fee for cutting a check, to be able to pay MS to fix it, if they even will since the seal has been broken.

Yamaguxhi posted...

Should have been around a few months ago, just before it dropped to $15 permanently, it was on sale for a day for $10 (which is when I bought it).

Also, Beyond Good and Evil HD is an XBL Arcade title, not a GoD title, so does not fall into the category the TC was asking about.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#20MemoJetficPosted 10/3/2012 11:18:39 PM
if it is a game i play a lot and doesnt take up too much hdd space, i sometimes buy the digital copy. (only if the price is right, of course)