The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need input, Capcom related, tis is long. Sorry

#1BlackDesperadoPosted 10/3/2012 7:08:43 PM
With the overt backlash to Resident Evil 6 I wanted to clarify a position, defend fans, and ask for open discussion on the point I am about to make.

Resident Evil 6 is not a mixed reaction game because it's action horror, but because the implementation of western systems were not researched enough to have proper functional basis for being in the game. I also wanted to point how even if the game was made similar to the older games it could still prove to be great:

The DLC for Resident Evil 5 was brilliant, minus not being able to move while shooting. Classic Resident Evil, beautiful graphics with tension and challenge (somewhat).

If you look at Capcoms other efforts (Devil May Cry, Street Fighter) they keep core mechanics, and gameplay methodologies, and add one or two tweaks to make an entirely new game. Street Fighter 4 plays just like Street Fighter Alpha in terms of basic moves, but the minor tweak in a new gameplay mechanic makes the game play entirely different. Devil may Cry 4 did the same thing from Devil May Cry 3.

Does anyone wish Capcom would have done to Resident Evil what they did with their other franchises? Disrespectful comments are welcomed as long as it gets your point across. Won't take it personal.
#2knightimexPosted 10/4/2012 5:09:21 AM(edited)
I think fans would like resident evil to play more like Dead Space.

I'm almost certain someone would call one or the other a clone. -_-
---
i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 12gb 1,333 mhz ram, 1.5tb HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4096Mb, Sound Blaster Fatal1ty, 850 psu
#3SoF-RamboPosted 10/4/2012 5:22:58 AM
knightimex posted...
I think fans would like resident evil to play more like Dead Space.

I'm almost certain someone would call one or the other a clone. -_-

Well, before and a bit after I played it, I usually reffered to Dead Space as an Echo Night clone, with monsters instead of murderous ghosts.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#4Dragon NexusPosted 10/4/2012 8:12:31 AM
Thing is, no-one really wants Resident Evil to be a third person shooter. We have enough of those. We don't have enough survival horrors.

The Leon stages were a good step towards it, but they made the game into something closer to Ninja Blade, wrestling the control from you in case you screw up one of their epic set pieces. Like the game's constantly saying "Oh hey, something really awesome's about to happen. You just sit and watch, you might move the camera and miss something. Oh what, you're bored? Hey, just...wiggle the analogue stick or something. That'll keep your primative monkey brain occupied."
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."