This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Red Dead Redemption or Tales of Vesperia?

#1zaiwenPosted 10/4/2012 12:12:43 AM
RDR or ToV? - Results (57 votes)
Red Dead Redemption
43.86% (25 votes)
Tales of Vesperia
26.32% (15 votes)
both
28.07% (16 votes)
none
1.75% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
sure they're 2 different games... & i'm probably in the minority here given RDRs popularity, but i have to vote for ToV. simply because Tov captured my interest within the first 15 minutes of the game, whereas in RDR, played it for 3 hours straight, i can't remember how many times i yawned, lol...

so which game took your interest more?
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2GGearXPosted 10/4/2012 12:17:50 AM
I loved ToV, but I voted RDR even though I played it for only a day. I hate all "wild west" type games so I cant offer an opinion on RDR but I know a friend who LOVES it. And I mean LOVES RDR. I played ToV for like 3 months. His love of RDR never went away. It has a really good online community as well.
---
GT: Halllelujah ( No I'm not religus I watch too much anime :O)
Sorry about the typos, I'm on my pony.
#3Stubbled_PS3Posted 10/4/2012 12:37:54 AM
Both. They are amazing games. Tales of Vesperia is my favorite 360 game with Red Dead Redemption a close 2nd. Magna Carta 2 is my 3rd favorite currently. But headed to 2nd place at full steam.
---
360 GT--- Stubbled CRT1
#4memphis12Posted 10/4/2012 12:56:38 AM
I had the same dilemma. I chose Tales Of Vesperia. My post game save has 110 hours on it & i still have missed so much. Im currently doing the EX New Game now.
Tales will tie me over until Xcom: Enemy Unknown hits in few weeks. Then il play Red Dead Redemption.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5SoincMetalPosted 10/4/2012 12:57:26 AM
I actually bought ToV at a very great price thanks to newegg(been waitin but gamestop still sellin it for 40). I can't wait for it to come in the mail! I'm playin Fallout 3 right now tho, i don't know when i'll be able to start ToV which makes me sad. Love the tales series, tryin to pick up a PS3 for black friday so i can continue playing each tales game.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#6Vivi0198Posted 10/4/2012 1:04:25 AM(edited)
Much like GGearX western themed anything does nothing for me and I found Red Dead Redemption to be a painfully boring game. I also found it funny how everyone walked all over Marston. But Vesperia on the other hand was awesome from start to finish.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#7yankeefan03Posted 10/4/2012 1:09:04 AM
How good is tales? I'm not a big fan of turn based RPGs. Though I love things like mass effect, fallout, oblivion and things of that nature. Would I like tales?
---
"I would like to hear a couple of the new tracks just to wet my appetite."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#8memphis12Posted 10/4/2012 1:14:30 AM
Quote:How good is tales? I'm not a big fan of turn based RPGs. Though I love things like mass effect, fallout, oblivion and things of that nature. Would I like tales?
@yankeefan03

It isn't turn based. I think you should maybe check out the free demo.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9Vivi0198Posted 10/4/2012 1:15:50 AM
yankeefan03 posted...
How good is tales? I'm not a big fan of turn based RPGs. Though I love things like mass effect, fallout, oblivion and things of that nature. Would I like tales?

Tales is nothing like Mass Effect, Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Tales has a little more action then your typical turn based JRPG but still a JRPG at heart.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#10schmittycent2Posted 10/4/2012 5:03:32 AM
I went with red dead, besides the online being overrun by d-bags now its a real good game. I have played through the story 3 times now and undead nightmare twice. I can see how some people felt it was boring at times but not every mission can be expected to be excellent.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent