This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft should take a cue from IO interactive on how to evolve a series

#1protools1983Posted 10/4/2012 8:09:09 AM
Hitman: Absolution = Huge improvements to what made the franchise a success in the first place. Major nods to the fanbase.

Same voice actor.

Amazing multiplayer concept which holds true to the series gameplay.

true player choice on how to play full stealth or action.

Splinter Cell = The devs simply do what they want. Butchering a main character who appears to be reverse aging and getting more agile. I guess a new character in the same universe is unheard of.

New, younger sounding voice actor. (does not match the timeline)

Horrendous tacked on multiplayer that is there just to be there. No new ideas and will have no community one the achievement whores get their fix.

Action game, the devs say you can stealth but all I have seen is just sticking to the sides of the map and walking around threats. Neat concept guys.
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#2Arucard05Posted 10/4/2012 8:11:29 AM
I hope Hitman: Absolution is good.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#3protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 8:17:15 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I hope Hitman: Absolution is good.

Nothing to worry about friend, while their PR can be somewhat questionable at times they have proved over and over again that they truly listen to their fanbase. I believe it will exceed even my extremely high expectations.
---
Me - wat poopmist? DreamTheater33 - when you break wind and a mist of poop forms giving whoever is in the path pinkeye
#4Dragon NexusPosted 10/4/2012 8:19:02 AM
*Dances into toPic singing "Michael Ironside didn't want to reprise the rooole"

*Dances back out*
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#5SoF-RamboPosted 10/4/2012 8:24:08 AM
Splinter Cell 1 : I found it hard,(to me it was hard :p) but doable to sneak past everything without being seen.

Conviction : It felt as though stealth was only to get the upper hand in a firefight. Then there's the whole Afghanistan(or was it Iraq) mission...
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#6SunDevil77Posted 10/4/2012 8:26:14 AM
They evolved Assassins Creed pretty damn well
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#7MRL3G3NDPosted 10/4/2012 8:39:26 AM
Ironside is turning down work? LMAO
TC is right Ubistupid has been destroying their flagships for fun...whoever is making the decisions up there needs to be fired.

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 was a excellent franchise red hot when it released
They let it disappear for 7 years..now the concept is outdated, now they will change it around to be Call of Rainbow

Same thing with Ghost recon...which was once a tactical realistic masterpeice, has been turned into Call of recon: Michael Bay's PC soldiers (no tech support needed in the future)

Old loyal fans disappeared...new fans picked it up for a weeked and sold it...

I never played Hitman, but I saw a gameplay walkthrough and saw how many ways you could complete a mission and put it on my must buy list.

It is possible to develop a franchise, build on what worked and not go in a totally different direction, and still gain more fans...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#8HeLeehamPosted 10/4/2012 8:43:33 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
They evolved Assassins Creed pretty damn well

Rayman is better then it's ever been also. Far Cry 3 looks to be the best in the series. Yeah Ubisoft are one of the better developers.
#9troubledsocietyPosted 10/4/2012 9:00:26 AM
I didn't know we could say that a developer doesn't know how to evolve series games anymore just based on one series. Rayman is just downright AMAZING. Assassins Creed definitely evolved a lot from the first one. Not sure what's going on with Rainbow Six Patriots or whatever it's called, but I'm hopeful that it will be a big step up from Vegas which was one of my favorite FPS games this generation.
---
San Diego Downhill Racing League! Bottom of the hill for glory, death on the hill for honor!
#10Dragon NexusPosted 10/4/2012 9:16:43 AM
Yeah Ubisoft are one of the better developers.

Also some of the worst publishers.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."