This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All hail the generosity of Microsoft.

#101PantherRiderPosted 10/8/2012 7:57:28 PM
Thats nice... gives me something to look forward to however, i did lose the 30 pts a day account(reset to 15) and i haven't gotten any other accounts bumped up to 30 or 20 or 44... its been like 3 months since i've experienced a change... o well...
#102Super CreaturesPosted 10/8/2012 7:59:26 PM
You're talking about Bing Rewards, not XBL Rewards, two completely different programs.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#103TimePharaohPosted 10/8/2012 8:30:58 PM
Sheepinator posted...
MS gives gamers $10,000,000 and still they whine.

Points=/=money. Points don't cost them ANYTHING, they press a button and get more.
---
Sorry everyone, just got home from work and saw my son was posting on my account. So just ignore this topic. Megatron1111
#104chrcolPosted 10/9/2012 9:39:21 AM
before you start thinking 40 million x 25

I suspect this is another .us only thing as I have never got free points on my birthday.
#105rockyoumonkeysPosted 10/9/2012 9:47:15 AM
Even if that were a typo and it was really 200 MS points, my reaction would still be "meh." Ooh-wee, a couple bucks.

Like, why bother at all?
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: The Ghost Brigades, J. Scalzi
#106SheepinatorPosted 10/9/2012 10:03:46 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Sheepinator posted...
MS gives gamers $10,000,000 and still they whine.

Points=/=money. Points don't cost them ANYTHING, they press a button and get more.

People keep posting this ridiculous statement. So let's say you created a game like Braid, you'd expect your monthly statement from MS to read, "Sold X,000 units, all with free points we made up, so we don't owe you anything, sorry. Please keep making games for us."

MS pays up to 70% of purchase price as royalty to the publisher/developer. So no, points are not "free" for them.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#107Super CreaturesPosted 10/9/2012 11:18:55 AM
chrcol posted...
before you start thinking 40 million x 25

I suspect this is another .us only thing as I have never got free points on my birthday.

No, it is an Xbox Live Rewards (open to many countries, not just the US) promotion, for every member of XBL Rewards that has a Gold membership with a gamerscore of at least 3000 at the beginning of the month of their birthday, that just started this month.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#108LuckNotDoWithItPosted 10/9/2012 11:22:33 AM(edited)
Seriously Microsoft, what the heck is up with this?
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules

Have you people lost it finally? "All lets play videos of Halo are property of Microsoft."

Wtf? Are you telling me that gamers are actually going to be sued over this crap? So now my girlfriend, who does Lets Play videos for all kinds of games may be sued even though she provides free advertising for every game she plays & advertises and in spite of the fact it barely gives her back one cut of the ad revenue PER video played.....

And only RoosterTime won't be affected because MS decided different games are their property, including Call of Duty games...(wtf!?) which means my own 'Lets Play' videos could be sued due to some really bad trial lawyer at MS having a bad day....

Wow, and I was about to give loads of free advertising to games you deserved to sell more of like Lost Odyssey just like Split Infinity does. And now I will have to cut those videos short because someone at MS thinks, "hey that might be stealing" which is stupid!

I mean, I've seen some pretty stupid moves in my time but this one cuts the cake....Who in the world is running MS legal nowadays? John Travolta? And while you allow weird things like this to happen, nobody there seems to care about ShayCarl's bootleg videos.
#109chrcolPosted 10/9/2012 11:45:11 AM
super creatures 80% of live rewards are not available in my country, I am UK.

I gave up on it after seeing links not work etc.