This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My birthday present from XBL rewards

#41Tube_of_NoobPosted 10/5/2012 12:50:13 PM
Geist posted...
Tube_of_Noob posted...
Geist posted...
The Meatman posted...
If Geist was a waiter and he was tipped $.05, he will probably kiss the customer's feet.

I would smile and say thanks, not throw a tantrum like some here would.

Oh Geist dont be a douche. The more I read your posts the more I am convinced you are an ignorant kid.

It is insulting to say the least. In the years Ive had my 360 Ive probably given Microsoft somewhere around $2000 in profits. Even after my first generation 360 broke down twice and I uad to get it fixed I still stayed true. Even bought my son one for Christmas last year. And your telling me Microsoft cant throw me enough for a movie rental on my bday month. They were better off not doing anything.

Oh come on now you did not give MS anything, you bought their products. They do not have to give you anything, they do not owe you anything. It's a small gesture from them that you can simply ignore if you do not care. But coming here crying foul is pathetic. As I said they don't have to give you anything and if this is how you act when they do give you something free you don't deserve anything anyways.

Feel free to call me any thing you want if it helps you, but you'll only be furthering the spoiled child persona you've already got going on.

And arguing for the sake of arguing is just as childish. Its insulting and if you cant see that then theres something wrong. Doing something nice for a loyal customer is a lot different than giving away change as a PR move. Hell I get 5% cash back on my credit card and thats from the bloodsucking credit card companies. Geez dude wise up.
---
"Luckys an old buddy of mine...and by buddy I mean the a-hole that ruined my Momma's girl parts."
#42Arucard05Posted 10/5/2012 12:53:08 PM
i wouldnt be grateful for a penny, nor am i grateful for a quarter... its more of a joke than something i should be thanking someone for.

It's like giving someone 50 cents and telling them to go buy something at the Dollar Store.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#43Super CreaturesPosted 10/5/2012 12:54:33 PM
Super Creatures posted...
What really gets me is that people who have been members of XBL Rewards for any amount of time actually expect something more than 20 points from this.

Hey, guess what, you should already know XBL Rewards doesn't give you a whole lot, 300 points for watching 10 hours of entertainment apps, 10 hours of using social apps, and 10 hours of online multiplayer, or 100 points for watching the ESPN, UFC, or MLB apps for 10 hours, or 300 points back if you spend 2000 on horror related content (which they make extremely difficult to determine what games qualify, and take their sweet time in responding on the support forum), 5% back on your marketplace purchases, if you stay Gold for the entire month.

Ya, how dare they give you 1/5 of what they give you for watching 10 hours of an app in a month, without you having to do anything beyond what you normally do, except for possibly not commit fraud by providing an incorrect birth date when you create your account.

Also, anybody who is actually a Rewards member, and has been for any time, should expect it to be a Gold only promotion, most, other than the monthly survey, are.

Really guys, you act like XBL Rewards is known to give these huge rewards, instead of having a record of small rewards.

With their history, what the **** did you people, realistically, expect?

Why would they give you anything more than what they are, for doing nothing, when their usual promotions require a time investment or cash investment (or both), and you get very little more than you are getting for doing nothing?

You act like 1/5 of what you got for watching 10 hours of the ESPN, UFC, or MLB apps, for doing absolutely nothing, is an insult, but where is the *****ing about having to spend 10 hours watching apps to get $1.25, or the *****ing about having to spend $25 do get $3.75 back, and why aren't those promotions so insulting?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#44GeistPosted 10/5/2012 1:00:36 PM
Tube_of_Noob posted...
And arguing for the sake of arguing is just as childish. Its insulting and if you cant see that then theres something wrong. Doing something nice for a loyal customer is a lot different than giving away change as a PR move. Hell I get 5% cash back on my credit card and thats from the bloodsucking credit card companies. Geez dude wise up.

Haha please, to even care about it so much you come running to a message board is the only real childish bit. Why even care this much? If you are so silly that 20 free points pisses you off you really need to get over yourself. I'm not saying MS is awesome for it, I'm saying you people need to get over it, you've got issues if this is "insulting" to you. It's 20 points for free, get over it.
#45Tube_of_NoobPosted 10/5/2012 1:06:23 PM
Geist posted...
Tube_of_Noob posted...

Haha please, to even care about it so much you come running to a message board is the only real childish bit. Why even care this much? If you are so silly that 20 free points pisses you off you really need to get over yourself. I'm not saying MS is awesome for it, I'm saying you people need to get over it, you've got issues if this is "insulting" to you. It's 20 points for free, get over it.

I didnt come running here to whine about anything. The topic was here so I contributed. Where does your holier than thou attitude come from?
---
"Luckys an old buddy of mine...and by buddy I mean the a-hole that ruined my Momma's girl parts."
#46Mutant1988Posted 10/5/2012 2:35:40 PM
Geist posted...
I'm not saying MS is awesome for it, I'm saying you people need to get over it, you've got issues if this is "insulting" to you. It's 20 points for free, get over it.

Get over yourself.

It's a joke of promotion that amounts to absolutely nothing. As a loyalty program, it's absolutely horrible.

They don't owe us anything, yeah, but that doesn't mean they should give us a pitiful gift like this and act like it's an act of charity.

Birthday gift? I'm sorry... Small change? If you're not going to put any thought into it, then don't bother.

Money is only worth as much as the things that can be acquired with it. In this case, nothing.

They would have been better off giving away a free theme or avatar item.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#47TheMuffinPosted 10/5/2012 7:57:04 PM
Hey Geist... They aren't giving it to us for free either. You have to pay for Gold to get your birthday present! That is why it is insulting. You have to pay $30-$60 for MS to even consider giving you a quarter back. 20 points is absolutely meaningless. You cannot buy anything with it, Would it have killed them to spend 5 minutes on something nice like a birthday party hat for your avatar? Or even a birthday balloon? Something tangible that at the very least you can show off? 20 points is akin to someone getting a raw spaghetti noodle for their birthday. You might be able to use it in the future, 40 years down the line when you've collected enough to make something.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#48_OujiDoza_Posted 10/5/2012 10:41:25 PM
This topic is missing someone >_>
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
http://is.gd/7GNdUI
#49yanksfan4247Posted 10/6/2012 9:33:19 AM(edited)
Lol @ the people weeping at home because MS gave them 20 MSP.

"My god Microsoft how could you insult me like this. Please only 20 MSP on my birthday. *sob* how could you live with yourself."
---
I Power'd up Altered Beast style with PowerFAQS 1.9