This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The introduction of private chat destroyed team communication in games.

#31KOTRwhoopsPosted 10/9/2012 1:26:48 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Douchebags on live destroyed team communication in games.

Private Chat saved it.

Exactly, if it wasn't for private chat I wouldn't use voice chat at all. I find a majority of online lobbies with randoms unbearable. Noob this, epic that, pwnd the other. Can't stand it.
---
PLAYING - Sleeping Dogs (360), Borderlands 2 (360), Resident Evil 6 (360)
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#32BrutalBrockenPosted 10/9/2012 1:41:44 AM
I miss going into a game of CoD or Rainbow 6 Vegas and all the players on my team would talk and communicate with each other about how to take down the sniper or how we'll make a distraction so others can flank them. Now its a ghost town. Im also mostly in party chat alot. On an unrelated note I hate how Netflix on Xbox and PS3 ruined my friends gaming time. Now out of my 40+ friends online at least 20 are watching Netflix
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#33FocianPosted 10/9/2012 1:45:30 AM
You want people talking in Game Chat? Play games that require it. And I don't mean 'Lets force the player to talk by dictating what Chat Channel they are in', I mean:

If you do not communicate and work together, you're gonna be ripped apart.

Games such as Shadowrun and Monday Night Combat. These are games where people still actively talk in Game Chat.

Don't blame the XBL systems or features, blame the games and the players.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#34LuckNotDoWithErPosted 10/9/2012 1:48:20 AM
not to mention, all anyone plays anymore is shooting games....

like the real thing, preparation to shoot everything in sight...the government, everything else since its a total failure. always says quite a lot that first person shooters are the most played games with 600 hours logged per week....for sure
#35VanderZooPosted 10/9/2012 1:48:36 AM
Private chat was fine, party chat is what ruined xbox live.
#36VanderZooPosted 10/9/2012 1:53:10 AM
People who played Gears of War back in 2006 know how awesome it was before party chat ruined it.
#37NIN_tendoPosted 10/9/2012 3:30:03 AM
People that complain about this are the people no one wants to talk to. People still talk to their teammates, they just don't want to hear your "hilarious" comments while they do it. That or kids screaming, XBL tough guys, people playing horrible music at maximum volume, douchebags that no one is listening to but still think they are expert trolls when you tell them to shut up and let people talk, and of course dudes hitting on girls in the most embarrassing ways possible. Oh and also girls blatantly asking for guys to pay attention to their vaginas.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#38Grandy12Posted 10/9/2012 3:41:03 AM
NIN_tendo posted...
Oh and also girls blatantly asking for guys to pay attention to their vaginas.

*monocle pops off*
---
Relevance is a prerequisite for cleverness. ~ LHS_2012
JUS: 4382-1831-2782 Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#39NemerlightPosted 10/9/2012 4:17:53 AM
Private chat is awesome. Randoms acting like animals is not something i want to hear.
---
New Orleans Saints
#40VanderZooPosted 10/9/2012 6:34:51 PM
NIN_tendo posted...
People that complain about this are the people no one wants to talk to. People still talk to their teammates, they just don't want to hear your "hilarious" comments while they do it. That or kids screaming, XBL tough guys, people playing horrible music at maximum volume, douchebags that no one is listening to but still think they are expert trolls when you tell them to shut up and let people talk, and of course dudes hitting on girls in the most embarrassing ways possible. Oh and also girls blatantly asking for guys to pay attention to their vaginas.

That never happened to me. Maybe it's like that in America, but in Australia, I just met lots of other cool guys who played video games.