The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever sent postive messages to someone over live?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Have you ever sent postive messages to someone over live?
4 years ago#1
Like when a team mate or opponent is doing really well?

Someone was kicking butt on gears 3 just now(I mostly play against him) and I had to send him a message.

Guy was really good. I think his name was olmyyph or something.
XLB: CodyBlues. FC 8054-4057-7024-3905 Animal crossing FC 0603-5159-4579
First person to get it- Azrahai
4 years ago#2
No... that's what my mic is for. And if he's not wearing a mic to hear, then he doesn't deserve the compliment. You can be skilled solo, but the best players are the ones that can effectively communicate, anyway.

Even if I wanted to send a quick message, I find the 360 dashboard to be too slow to bother with.
4 years ago#3
I've seen tons of players kick ass without a mic. I only use one if I'm playing a match that really needs it. Or if I'm playing with friends.
4 years ago#4
I remember sending a quick compliment on 2 separate occasions to a teammate in Battlefield: BC 2. One of them sent a voice message replying in kind, and I was surprised to hear it was a kid. This one was someone with that XxX thing on his tag too. Proof that not all kids are horrible monster stereotypes on LIVE.
4 years ago#5
Yes, on Battlefield 3.

I sent him a message praising his tremendous piloting skill in the Helicopter while I was the gunner.
4 years ago#6
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Yes, on Battlefield 3.

I sent him a message praising his tremendous piloting skill in the Helicopter while I was the gunner.

I have done the same.

Guy was flying a chopper into tunnels at full speed with no problem.
4 years ago#7
Yes, I compliment people on a regular basis. It's something this world lacks, and when I say lack, I mean it. People are cruel on live. I send nice messages quite a lot to people who were simply fun to play with, or polite.

Hoping I will make someone's day one of these days.
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
4 years ago#8
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
Yes, on Battlefield 3.

Funnily enough, that's exactly what I complimented the kid for. Except he was basically just circle strafing (Rush), but nonetheless he could fly the thing well for a low rank player. Responded to the 'pick me up' command too! That hardly ever happens.
4 years ago#9
i have. not often though. ive sent a lot more hate mail.
Remember.... violence is NEVER the answer. Sometimes, though, it's the question... and the answer is "Yes".
4 years ago#10
SunDevil77 posted...
Yes, I compliment people on a regular basis. It's something this world lacks, and when I say lack, I mean it. People are cruel on live. I send nice messages quite a lot to people who were simply fun to play with, or polite.

Hoping I will make someone's day one of these days.

This is my MO, too. I think having received a positive message a long time ago made me more likely to send positive messages, so I kind of hope it gets some momentum and that people on XBL start getting nicer in general...we can always hope, right?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Have you ever sent postive messages to someone over live?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived