This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you felt the reviews did no justice?

#1Spartangod777Posted 10/4/2012 8:56:29 PM
Just recently picked up Syndicate. Bashed for boring, linear (what FPS isn't...), repetitive and predictable gameplay. Lemme tell you now, bull****. That's basically describing the entirety of the COD franchise. It's freaking excellent, unique and captures the cyber-punk feel well. Having a blast, and I've yet to predict anything that happens next. What games did you really enjoy that was bashed by critics and felt the reviews did it no justice?
---
Nothing important to say here.
#2SunDevil77Posted 10/4/2012 8:58:58 PM
Resident Evil 6, Duke Nukem Forever, Deadly Premonition, Fable 3
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#3Kingmichael1337Posted 10/4/2012 9:05:25 PM
tbh deus ex: human revolution definitely deserved over a 90% and the console versions only have an 89% on metacritic

there was all this complaining about linear, stupid boss fights, but the bosses took up such a tiny fraction of the game, and even though the ending of mass effect 3 demonstrated the disastrous consequences just a few minutes of bs can have, i don't really feel like the boss fights took anything significant out of my gameplay experience, even as someone who went mostly stealth (which is bad for boss fights).

the rest of the game was just so atmospheric and immersive and idk, the game just deserved at least an A- imo, not a B+

srsly
---
the mods are watching me
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/4/2012 9:08:24 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
tbh deus ex: human revolution definitely deserved over a 90% and the console versions only have an 89% on metacritic

there was all this complaining about linear, stupid boss fights, but the bosses took up such a tiny fraction of the game, and even though the ending of mass effect 3 demonstrated the disastrous consequences just a few minutes of bs can have, i don't really feel like the boss fights took anything significant out of my gameplay experience, even as someone who went mostly stealth (which is bad for boss fights).

the rest of the game was just so atmospheric and immersive and idk, the game just deserved at least an A- imo, not a B+

srsly

89% is a very good score for a game like Deus Ex. It's kind of a niche game, and niche games usually get bad scores.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#5JDGFootman1234Posted 10/4/2012 9:10:19 PM
Bionic Commando is one that really sticks out to me. What a wonderful game. Alpha Protocol as well.
---
I suppose you could never explain to the most ingenious mollusk that such a creature as a whale existed-Emerson
#6DentenshiPosted 10/4/2012 9:34:01 PM
Resident evil 6.
---
People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind.
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper
#7electrolyzerPosted 10/4/2012 9:35:58 PM
Almost every game below a 7.5/10
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#8SheepinatorPosted 10/4/2012 10:02:22 PM
The Saboteur
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9mabber_IIIPosted 10/4/2012 11:14:58 PM
upcoming sa2 reviews will not do that game justice
#10memphis12Posted 10/4/2012 11:37:46 PM
Quote:Kingmichael1337 posted...

srsly

89% is a very good score for a game like Deus Ex. It's kind of a niche game, and niche games usually get bad scores.

@SunDevil77

Care to elaborate?

Whats so different "niche" about Deus EX: Human Revolution from the "norm"? The first Deus Ex game scored 9.2 metacritic. So i don't understand your point...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9