This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Incentive to make you replay a single player game?

#31KOTRwhoopsPosted 10/5/2012 4:08:58 AM
Different approaches, lots of unlockables, varied gameplay, different difficulties that aren't cheap.

Resident Evil 4 is the ultimate single player game IMO. It has everything you could possibly want. But with DLC now a single player game with this scope and variation is pretty much out of the question out of the box.
---
PLAYING - Sleeping Dogs (360), Borderlands 2 (360), Resident Evil 6 (360)
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#32Deathx113Posted 10/5/2012 4:31:36 AM
Because it turns on girls when I show my devotion to something?...

er... it's fun?
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#33Dalton Of ZealPosted 10/5/2012 4:34:09 AM
In all honesty, game length. I can't replay a game if it's more than, say, 30 or 40 hours.
#34MacDofGlasgowPosted 10/5/2012 4:40:19 AM
Different paths / solutions - Mass Effect and Dragon Age both good for this.

NG+ - Best NG+ I've done was Nier as they fleshed the story out even more, let you know what the shades were thinking before Nier comes and busts them up - which changes the tone of the hero vs bad guy dynamic a lot.

Achievements - If a game is reasonably good, and I don't have much else to play, I'll replay a game to get another achievement.
---
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3
#35CarpetfluffPosted 10/5/2012 5:11:43 AM
Genuine open-ended gameplay, or just that it was damn fun. I don't mind a good alternate path replay, but I can't do the standard Bioware good/bad thing - I just don't enjoy the story as much when it's not fresh and just picking the opposite response each time isn't enough to keep me going.

I can see myself replaying Dishonored, for example, a LOT.
#36Ice_ShieldPosted 10/5/2012 5:24:38 AM
Nostalgia or NG+
---
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415
#37MR_SorenPosted 10/5/2012 6:00:10 AM
Beating my friends scores on leader boards
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#38MT_TRAEHPosted 10/5/2012 6:00:57 AM
alternative paths are too much for me in the first run, if i were to replay a game, it would be for the gameplay and experience of the whole game
---
The Metal Gear Series is probably the best games ever made.
#39Akiba69Posted 10/5/2012 6:11:27 AM
New Game Plus
Extra endings on different difficulties
Unlockables such as outfits and weapons
New game mode.

Dead space 2 must have done something right, i replayed that game 5 times for dat foam finger!
---
Want a BF3 Premium code? PM me.
#40Dragon NexusPosted 10/5/2012 6:13:31 AM
Unlockables.

If you can unlock little bonuses like costumes or characters or items or play styles or whatever depending on how you played or which difficulty and all that jazz, then I'm much more likely to replay it.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."