The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just was curious about some game price increses.

#1IceteaCrisisPosted 10/5/2012 6:18:35 AM
Alright well first off this is not meant to start some anti GameStop thing going. I am just honestly wondering

I was just looking at GameStop's website at the recent price drops, and i thought for sure Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition was 20 dollars new, but it comes up 30 and that is after a price drop it seems the DLC is on Disc, and i was thinking of grabbing it in a few weeks, but not for 30

Also the first Prototype is 25 used when as a few weeks ago it seemed to be around 15

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is down to 19.99
so that dropped Final Fantasy XIII to 15 where as before i noted it was 9 dollars at the end of last year.

Other then my assumed reasoning that GameStop is trying to squeeze a little more out of an older game when the newer version comes out is there any real reason this happens?

I have also seen Velvet Assassin go from 10 dollars to 15 dollars, so it has not always been because a newer title is coming out.

So i was just curious if there was any real reason other then GameStop trying to sneak a few dollar out of a sale? Do older games actually rise in popularity? I know it happens with some limit run games, but something like Velvet Assassin? while a neat game i did not notice any rise in popularity for it.
#2HaloODSTDPosted 10/5/2012 6:20:07 AM
Halo 3 went from $4.99 to $19.99

O_O
---
GFAQs, where guys get off by correcting other people.
GT: Jessica Jung xo
#3SheepinatorPosted 10/5/2012 7:33:40 AM
The new games you talk about, those were sales prices I think? So it makes sense to restore the prices, then they can lower them again at Thanksgiving and Xmas.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4este914Posted 10/5/2012 7:43:10 AM
Its just their way of cashing in on crazes. They raised the price of RE:ORC recently back to $34.99 after it was below $20 some weeks ago. (because RE6 is out now, to try and make more $$ with that too)
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#5SunDevil77Posted 10/5/2012 7:44:41 AM
este914 posted...
Its just their way of cashing in on crazes. They raised the price of RE:ORC recently back to $34.99 after it was below $20 some weeks ago. (because RE6 is out now, to try and make more $$ with that too)

ORC was on a special sale for 20 bucks.
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#6GeistPosted 10/5/2012 7:51:12 AM
Sales, how do they work?
#7IceteaCrisis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 8:37:33 AM
Geist posted...
Sales, how do they work?

Ha I know how sales work thanks. While mortal kombat may have been part of a sale I don't think velvet assassin was back then and I also remember Halo 3 being 5 dollars used and is now 20

I don't think Halo three would of been on sale for months and months but now that halo 4 is comming out hm
#8gambit444Posted 10/5/2012 8:40:53 AM
It has to do with demand.
---
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,
#9googlerPosted 10/5/2012 8:55:05 AM
I was wondering the same. I was browsing titles and was surprised to see L4D2 for $45?! And then newer games that one would expect to still be in some demand for much less
#10IceteaCrisis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:46:46 AM
googler posted...
I was wondering the same. I was browsing titles and was surprised to see L4D2 for $45?! And then newer games that one would expect to still be in some demand for much less

Wow, see this was the reason i started this thread. I had no idea Left 4 Dead was that much.
The platinum hits version is 30 new with DLC that i think is free on the market place. I thought all platinum hits were 20? much less the first Left 4 Dead.

and Left 4 Dead 2 is 30 new 45 used like you said.