This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just turned 17 and my account is still a child account?

#11BeastLeeAdamsPosted 10/5/2012 2:10:59 PM
Akiba69 posted...
If you was an adult you would have known 17 is still not considered an adult.

For games and movie's you should be allowed to download M and R rated ones. You are legally allowed to buy those at 17, yet are still blocked on Xbox.
#12johnny_boy84Posted 10/5/2012 2:22:57 PM
Maaka198 posted...
Quote:You are still a child, as you are most likely, still dependent on somebody else. Example, you probably do not own your own home, hold down a full time job, are still in some form of education.
@johnny_boy84
So someone getting there doctorate is still a child?

You all take it far out of context. I was merely giving examples of why the law defines this person as a child. When a child reaches the age of 18 they become an adult, although some dependent status may remain.

You should also remember that when you become of retirement age you are no longer seen as being independent in the eyes of society but dependent. As you no longer earn wage, and therefore can no longer pay tax back to the state.

But as I said, you take the term dependent to far out of context.
---
Support your local Poet
#13RoldragePosted 10/5/2012 2:35:07 PM
johnny_boy84 posted...
Maaka198 posted...
Quote:You are still a child, as you are most likely, still dependent on somebody else. Example, you probably do not own your own home, hold down a full time job, are still in some form of education.
@johnny_boy84

You all take it far out of context. I was merely giving examples of why the law defines this person as a child. When a child reaches the age of 18 they become an adult, although some dependent status may remain.

You should also remember that when you become of retirement age you are no longer seen as being independent in the eyes of society but dependent. As you no longer earn wage, and therefore can no longer pay tax back to the state.

It was poor wording on your part, you inferred that anyone dependant is a child, even though legally it is purely an age criteria.
---
Life is overrated.
#14FoppePosted 10/5/2012 2:37:16 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Akiba69 posted...
If you was an adult you would have known 17 is still not considered an adult.

For games and movie's you should be allowed to download M and R rated ones. You are legally allowed to buy those at 17, yet are still blocked on Xbox.

You can download those even if you are 5 if you lied about your age.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#15Deathx113Posted 10/5/2012 2:37:23 PM
johnny_boy84 posted...
Maaka198 posted...
@johnny_boy84

It was poor wording on your part, you inferred that anyone dependant is a child, even though legally it is purely an age criteria.

Yeah, his words said that, HOWEVER an adult would have been able to understand what he meant. ;)
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#16RoldragePosted 10/5/2012 2:43:35 PM
Deathx113 posted...
johnny_boy84 posted...
Maaka198 posted...
@johnny_boy84

Yeah, his words said that, HOWEVER an adult would have been able to understand what he meant. ;)

True, but this is Gamefaqs. If people expect everyone here to understand what they are getting at even though their wording is off they are mad.
---
Life is overrated.
#17Deathx113Posted 10/5/2012 2:45:31 PM
Deathx113 posted...
johnny_boy84 posted...
Maaka198 posted...
@johnny_boy84

True, but this is Gamefaqs. If people expect everyone here to understand what they are getting at even though their wording is off they are mad.

True, the average IQ is pretty low around here. :/
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#18johnny_boy84Posted 10/5/2012 2:53:57 PM
I think, unfortunately, that emotion and meaning can often be miss-interpreted in text. I apologise if you think my definition of childhood and being child was rash. Perhaps I should have better operationalised the meaning of child. From looking back, I should have included an idea of turning 18, only something I did in the later post.
---
Support your local Poet
#19Deathx113Posted 10/5/2012 2:55:58 PM
I think, unfortunately, that emotion and meaning can often be miss-interpreted in text. I apologise if you think my definition of childhood and being child was rash. Perhaps I should have better operationalised the meaning of child. From looking back, I should have included an idea of turning 18, only something I did in the later post.

I 100% understood what you meant. I wouldn't worry about it, some people just love to joke about anything they can. xD
---
#20RCCola7Posted 10/5/2012 3:57:35 PM
TC, even if you just turned 18, you would have to manually upgrade your account from a child account to an adult account.