This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#11Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:23:25 PM
My brother got mad at me when we were kids and place-kicked the NES while I was playing it. Says a lot about the durability that, despite the dent in the side, it still worked except the sound being messed up.

Also sucked when I lost a very high-level Dragon Warrior IV file I put a ton of hours into and a Bejeweled 2 save I was around 1/3 of the way to the Endless achievement on.

Yeah, had my ps2 for 11 years before it stopped working, minus me ripping out the disc drive >_>

Had the xbox360 for 2 before it gave out, which is decent for an xbox360 lol.
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#12Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:24:15 PM
Deathx113 posted...
my snes and 50 games got stolen.

That sucks, and also reminds me why I never let my mom near my games.

I went through a 'sports' phase, where all I did was play soccer/basketball, and I didn't touch my snes and about 40ish game for a year.

Anyway, I got back into gaming and went looking for my snes and my mom had thrown it away, along with all of the games.
I was so pissed off. -__-

They bought me a nintendo64 though, so it was all good. xD

Your mom is a horrible person

Hah, I still bug her about it to this day.

I love her though, so I wasn't really that mad. xD
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#13pigout666Posted 10/5/2012 3:28:01 PM
May metroid prime rest in pieces.

I loved that game :(
---
"He was a very scruffy man" Taokaka, Blazblue CS
#14schmittycent2Posted 10/5/2012 3:33:47 PM
Death your 360 only lasted 2 years mine lasted 5 and still goin
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#15Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:35:35 PM
Death your 360 only lasted 2 years mine lasted 5 and still goin

Cool beans brother.
---
#16bluehat94Posted 10/5/2012 3:36:49 PM
When my first 360 got the RROD and then literally sparked, I had never taken it online and all of the progress on all the games I had was lost, It included a fully playthrough and a half of Borderlands, save files of about 12 games and around 6k gamerscore. I came to find out later that my little cousin split some juice on it and didn't tell me.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#17schmittycent2Posted 10/5/2012 3:41:17 PM
That's why you keep electronics away a from children, my daughter knows not to touch my Xbox or the tv without asking.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#18Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 3:44:02 PM
That's why you keep electronics away a from children, my daughter knows not to touch my Xbox or the tv without asking.

Now I do, but I mean... I was only like 8 when most of the stuff happened. I was a child myself. >_>..
---
#19Matt_256Posted 10/5/2012 3:52:49 PM(edited)
Spending $750 after taxes on my Xbox at launch (original Xbox) and then having it crap out in me 40 days (30 day in store warranty) later and Microsoft wanting me to pay $150 for repairs. I was freaking livid. Especially after I spent a ridiculous amount of money, they didn't give a crap. Pretty much told me "tough luck dude, pay it or so sorry".

Lesson learned though. Never ever will I ever purchase an electronic device without the best warranty I can possibly buy. Especially a Microsoft console. I was blind though, I've been gaming forever since the beginning of the NES days, owned pretty much every system and never ever have I had one burn out on me. Ever. Until the Xbox that is. My old consoles still work right now. Went through 3 Xbox's and 2 Xbox 360's =/

I'd also like to mention after paying the $150 for repairs they were nice enough to send me a band-aid refurbished console which crapped out 6 months later..
#20gabriusPosted 10/5/2012 3:51:43 PM
I played WoW for 2 years.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius