This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#121RPG_ApostlePosted 10/6/2012 5:43:01 AM
Ever own a MadCatz memory card?

You already know the story, then.
---
GameFaqs: Where two people agreeing means it's one person with two accounts.
#122VarietyofGamezPosted 10/6/2012 5:53:57 AM
My mom gave away the Nintendo 64 after I got a PS2 for Christmas. I was a kid and didn't really care then, but now I wish that we kept it.
---
You're next: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3hghsMe1Z1r2tt6do1_1280.jpg
#123ZeroVolumePosted 10/6/2012 6:07:18 AM
Back in the days of Dreamcast, I got hooked on PSO. One day some lame hacker CK'd my toon, effectively corrupting my save file and I had to start completely over. Needless to say I didn't continue playing for very long after that.
---
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE || ATI HD5870 || G. Skill 4GB DDR3
#124Siara_SedaiPosted 10/6/2012 6:11:43 AM
My mom sold my NES along with about 40 games, 2 NES Max controllers, ROB the robot, Lightgun, and probably more things I can't remember, all for 10 dollars at a garage sale right in front of my face because my parents decided video games were bad for me. No doubt they watched some journalist program that gave them these ideas.

'Unwrapped candy handed out during Halloween may have pins or razor blades in them!'
'Eating fatty foods directly causes you to get fat; Eat lots of sugary cereals instead!'
'AD&D is played by devil worshippers!'
'Studies show that video games cause children to be lazy!'

Sigh.... I did manage to steal back Dragon Warrior from the stash of games before it sold.
---
Caught a lite sneeze, caught a lite breeze, caught a lightweight lightningseed.
#125Mr_BankercatPosted 10/6/2012 6:24:02 AM
Back when I snapped my Phantasy Star Online Plus intentionally, only to find out it's worth 200 dollars because it's rare.
#126WinternovaPosted 10/6/2012 6:39:34 AM
SchaerMann posted...
After a few hours' thought, I've revised my 'worst thing that happened in my gaming life': It's the sudden realization that I've been gaming for longer than most "hardcore gamers" who keep calling me a n00b have been breathing, far enough back that multiplayer games were held around a table or Monopoly board, Pong was the biggest video game ever, Atari had just really begun to dominate the market, computers used black-and-green CRTs and cost 10 or 12 thousand dollars with a maximum of 16 bytes of RAM (and if you had something like that, you were the coolest kid on the block) and a 3 MB game was farking huge (and came on somewhere around a dozen 5 1/4" floppies, with a cost that ran into several hundred dollars if you found a decent sale).

Made me feel old again just typing it...

I think you mean 16 KILObytes of RAM.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Super Bowl Champions), Red Wings(11-time Stanley Cup Champions)
#127SunDevil77Posted 10/6/2012 6:44:30 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Ever own a MadCatz memory card?

You already know the story, then.

Oh god...last gen MadCatz products...
---
When I eat, it is the food that is scared.
#128Red_Falcon_Posted 10/6/2012 6:56:22 AM
When I was a kid I had gotten Zelda 2 for my birthday.I played it for about a week and had gotten up to the last fight of the game and the power went out because of a big thunderstorm.When I went back to play it all my data had been erased.To this day it is the only Zelda game other then the DS ones I have not played to the credits.
---
Life is a gift you open every day.
#129wh0_kn0wsPosted 10/6/2012 7:22:03 AM
the wholesale switch to 3d before it was ready. i never understood why there was such a force to push polygon gaming when the ps1 couldn't draw a straight line. i wouldn't have minded it if it was a gradual change, but 2d seemed to have been deemed dead artificially, to make aesthetically inferior games. i never understood it.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#130CCGreenRaiderPosted 10/6/2012 7:23:21 AM
Opening my Xbox, and realizing after about a month of playing skyrim there were giant crop circles engraved into my game... I was so pissed off... i knew it was my fault for throwing my xbox across my room in an anger fit *but that was like 8 months before skyrim came out* i must bent somethings out of perspective in the disc tray because it works perfectly fine except for the disc scratching thing.... which i aim to fix some time in the future.
---
GT: CC GreenRaider || Ted Nugent for President! || Rooting for: Carolina Panthers||AC/DC & Airbourne Rock||RIP Ronnie James Dio & Gary Coleman|