This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#131Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 6:33:24 AM
Deathx113 posted...
My brother got mad at me when we were kids and place-kicked the NES while I was playing it. Says a lot about the durability that, despite the dent in the side, it still worked except the sound being messed up.

Also sucked when I lost a very high-level Dragon Warrior IV file I put a ton of hours into and a Bejeweled 2 save I was around 1/3 of the way to the Endless achievement on.

Yeah, had my ps2 for 11 years before it stopped working, minus me ripping out the disc drive >_>

Had the xbox360 for 2 before it gave out, which is decent for an xbox360 lol.

Really? I've had the same 360 since launch which if I remember right is seven years, though I did upgrade my hard drive three years after launch. o.O

Anywho, on-topic... While it's not that bad, my Zelda: OoT file got deleted because of similar reasons to the TC's pokemon thing. It wasn't a big deal because OoT is a fun game to play through a few times.

You got lucky.

50% of launch xbox360s broke... or was it over half?

It is a fact, the xbox360 SUCKED compared to other consoles, in terms of durability.

I still wouldn't trade my 360 for any other system, but it is definitely poorly made. (Or 'was' anyway)
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#132Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 6:41:37 AM

No... the worst moment? It was cold winter's eve in the year of our lord 2007...
There I was, wrapped under my duvet with a brand new copy of FIFA 2006. I fired up my PS2 and began a tale of victory and defeat throughout the world of ye olde Premier League as the team from the great beyond Manchester United.
My journey was smooth to begin with. Despite the early skirmishes on the main road we fought with valour and were unscathed against the best the Premier League could offer. Then we decided to take another route because... it sounded like a good idea at the time...
The route was the League Cup and what looked like a dying orc in the middle of the road turned out to be a giant dragon in disguise. The opposition... Stockport County. Home advantage was not enough! Despite the early strike to the centre of the foul beast it came back and singed me before half time. Even so we were still high in spirits. As the oranges went around we still believed in ourselves and we thought in our hearts we would prevail... how wrong we were...
The mist had barley lifted as we went for the kill but a swift counter attack from dragon of County left us fatally injured. We fought back as hard as we could but the fire breathing Stockportion never gave in and soon we fell... exhausted and spent... sent packing like a bunch of stray dogs too lame to make it to the front door... we were done...

Never again have I suffered such a fate as horrid. Now with Stockport no longer in the FIFA games to real life suckage I can live without fear... but should they come back up the leagues... I may have Shepard's pie in my knickers...

I'll be honest, I have no idea what I just read.

I went in expecting a soccer game and came out afraid of dragons..
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#133CCGreenRaiderPosted 10/6/2012 6:44:17 AM
Deathx113 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
my snes and 50 games got stolen.

That sucks, and also reminds me why I never let my mom near my games.

I went through a 'sports' phase, where all I did was play soccer/basketball, and I didn't touch my snes and about 40ish game for a year.

Anyway, I got back into gaming and went looking for my snes and my mom had thrown it away, along with all of the games.
I was so pissed off. -__-

They bought me a nintendo64 though, so it was all good. xD

Your mom is a horrible person

Hah, I still bug her about it to this day.

I love her though, so I wasn't really that mad. xD

Reminds me of my mom... she forced me to hang out with a friend that my spidey senses were tingling telling me he is scum and trash, so he came into my house and after i had gotten out of the bathroom, he told me "O crap, i got some things to do!" i was like "you came here for only 30 minutes?" But right after he left... i noticed that my cod wow game (which i had just bought) mysteriously vanished.. he lost his job the day i was going to steal his ipod and place it under his car tire...

Needless to say till this day i still remind my mom about that bad deal... also that guy stole 20 bucks from me... same day.
---
GT: CC GreenRaider || Ted Nugent for President! || Rooting for: Carolina Panthers||AC/DC & Airbourne Rock||RIP Ronnie James Dio & Gary Coleman|
#134Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 6:53:04 AM
Deathx113 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
my snes and 50 games got stolen.

That sucks, and also reminds me why I never let my mom near my games.

I went through a 'sports' phase, where all I did was play soccer/basketball, and I didn't touch my snes and about 40ish game for a year.

Anyway, I got back into gaming and went looking for my snes and my mom had thrown it away, along with all of the games.
I was so pissed off. -__-

They bought me a nintendo64 though, so it was all good. xD

Your mom is a horrible person

Hah, I still bug her about it to this day.

I love her though, so I wasn't really that mad. xD

Reminds me of my mom... she forced me to hang out with a friend that my spidey senses were tingling telling me he is scum and trash, so he came into my house and after i had gotten out of the bathroom, he told me "O crap, i got some things to do!" i was like "you came here for only 30 minutes?" But right after he left... i noticed that my cod wow game (which i had just bought) mysteriously vanished.. he lost his job the day i was going to steal his ipod and place it under his car tire...

Needless to say till this day i still remind my mom about that bad deal... also that guy stole 20 bucks from me... same day.

I had a friend like that. He stole a game or 2 from me, also this was like 10 years ago. I never brought it up though, because he was actually a nice guy, but his parents were divorced and his mom always had a new bf. I offered to let him borrow any games he wanted, I think I won him over because he hasn't taken a game yet. We hang out almost every weekend now.

Oh and to the runescape dude... I know what ya mean. I saved up for a godsword for weeks, just cutting trees day after day. FINALLY I buy a godsword, I take it into the wildy and accidentally attacked someone and lost it within 30 minutes of buying it. -___-

I havn't played runescape since.
---
#135angry potatoePosted 10/6/2012 6:56:58 AM(edited)
I was guilted into giving my little nephew my beloved N64 and all of my games for it because he really wanted one for Christmas and found out he sold it and bought a Gamecube like 3 weeks later.
#136Seiri_OmaarPosted 10/6/2012 6:59:53 AM
I lost most of a FF6 GBA playthrough - I was training in the forest full of dinosaurs- due to my fiance saving over my file by accident. That hurt. When I tried to play again, I didn't get too far before my save file corrupted. :(
#137kratozeroPosted 10/6/2012 7:01:19 AM
My PS3 got the YLOD and i lost hundreds of hour worth of game progress in all my games :(
---
Currently Playing: P3P(Vita), P4A, FFXIII-2(Giant's Fist Trophy), Last Story and Xenogears(Vita)
On Queue: Catherine(Hard), Katamari Forever, Uncharted 3
#138_NeroZero_Posted 10/6/2012 7:01:47 AM
X360.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
Official Tofu of the Resident Evil 6 boards!
#139PsychoWolfXPosted 10/6/2012 7:18:23 AM
I sold most of my NES, SNES and most of the games to a friend one summer and spent the money on Pokemon cards and junk food.

Getting Majora's Mask for Christmas and not having to wait for like a month for stores to get expansion packs back in stock.

2 stolen PS2's

My first wii and 360 breaking

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, which I was very addicted to for the better part of a decade, degradeing into a bot infested mess.
#140MinamoPosted 10/6/2012 7:28:36 AM
The Third Birthday.