This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst thing to ever happen to you in your gaming life?

#151Samp98518Posted 10/6/2012 9:03:31 AM
hamchunk posted...
I had been playing through Banjo nuts and bolts with my 5 year old daughter, we had put in around 20 hours when one day she said "I want to start over" and restarted the save file. I wasnt really mad at her because it's her game and she's so little but man was I sad to see that progress gone...

I would do that a lot when I was a kid as well. I do it a lot less now.
---
"Say, fuzzy pickles!" - Photo-man, Earthbound.
Well? Did you say fuzzy pickles? People that said "Fuzzy Pickles!": 1
#152Caution999Posted 10/6/2012 9:07:43 AM
Buying Resident Evil 6
---
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia.
#153MadDogV2Posted 10/6/2012 9:08:58 AM
Lost several 100% saves to Xbox 360 games that I owned because the HDD died. Did you know it's practically impossible to perform data recovery on an Xbox 360 hard drive because of Micro$oft's BS policies on their hardware that basically forbid you from doing it even if you do manage to jump over all the technical hurdles they put in your way (to M$ it's the same as modding your Xbox and can get you console banned), but don't even offer it as a service themselves? Between that and Sony's incompetence at networking, I've been playing mostly PC games.
---
Cinarg- Level 85 Gnome Warrior on Moonrunner
PSWii60 owner GT/PSN/Steam: MadDogV2
#154someguyhere2Posted 10/6/2012 9:13:33 AM
I got the RROD without warranty. It was cheaper to sell the broken one and buy another than to send for repairs.
#155MattyL10Posted 10/6/2012 9:24:21 AM
1995 I was standing in line at Best Buy, Chrono Trigger in hand and on sale. The sale actually ended the day before and they didn't take down the sign. Being a kid I didn't have the b*lls to argue with them, so the price was like $75 or something so I walked out.

I tried playing it on PC around 2001, but couldn't get into it with the keyboard.

As a person that loved most of Squares 16 bit RPG's I feel like this is still a massive hole in my gaming life.
---
Winter is Coming.
#156aamotPosted 10/6/2012 9:27:41 AM
Game Informer's April issue detailed how to get a Yoshi in Pokemon Red/Blue by trading a Dragonite back and forth 100 times. We bought the magazine in like July so we had no idea that it was an April Fool's joke lol.
---
chrisAAMO
#157Illumi_KnightPosted 10/6/2012 9:40:25 AM
Timcatgt posted...
IcepickLobotamy posted...
Several hundred hours worth of saves on a GC memory card. I leave the room to grab a drink and when I come back, I found out my 2 year old nephew flushed it down a toilet.

A similar event happened to me 4 years ago, this resulted in the loss of my PS2 memory card I had for 5 years, there was really invaluable data that I worked my butt off to get this far.

Not relevant to gaming but these stories remind me of when my brother was pissed at me and shoved my hair comb down the toilet but it actually ended up clogging the toilet and ruining our bathroom floor.

Relevant to gaming was playing Soul Calibur III on PS2 and the game had a stupid glitch to if you saved on that card with any other game after using it, it would corrupt you SCIII data. So you would need a memory card specifically for SCIII. ooooooo makes me mad.
#158Tube_of_NoobPosted 10/6/2012 9:42:34 AM
The only thing I wanted for Christmas one year was a PS2 I bugged my mom for months. I couldnt work cause I was fifteen, so I did every chore I could think of and kissed a lot of ass. The day of Christmas came and I opened up my only gift a PS2. Only to open it and have bricks in there it was a sad and cruel joke and I was heartbroken. Turns out they just had it in the closet with like three games. I laugh now but then I was pissed. lol
---
"Luckys an old buddy of mine...and by buddy I mean the a-hole that ruined my Momma's girl parts."
#159ApopheniaPosted 10/6/2012 9:44:28 AM
I was helping my buddy out in his FFX file after showing off my perfect file (sphere grid complete, everything done. HUNDREDS of hours spent). I was at the last possible save point in the game and was excited to finally finish the story later that night.

Didn't realize my memory card was in slot one after helping him. Overwrote my file V_V

Never went back to see the ending until YouTube existed.

Sad thing is I did the same thing with FFVIII, just not a perfect file.
---
www.myspace.com/darchangelmusic
#160KCJ5062Posted 10/6/2012 9:54:51 AM
My old PS2 scratching my discs and giving them the ROD.